Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Galaxy S7 EDGE wifi calling, no option

Plasmaticfever
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I have just upgraded last week, i received the phone yesterday, brand new galaxy S7 edge. I have a pay monthly red value plan so i should have wifi calling enabled, and have been told by several advisors that i do have wifi calling and it IS enabled (from their end).

I've now spoken to 5 advisors, on phone and online, they all told me moreorless the same. They had "activated" it on their end....well how can you activate something more than once?

The PROBLEM is that there is no option in my phone to enable wifi calling, anywhere....ive restarted the damned thing 10 times now after being told "restart then go to settings...." sent the text saying "CALLING" to 97888 and received the reply. Its been over 24 hours since i recieved the reply from them, and still i have no option to enable it. Im at my wits end, somebody please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ChazzD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi everyone, 

Apologies for the problems you're all currently having with Wi-Fi Calling. 

As far as we're aware at the moment, the next software update will push through a fix for this. As @DaneB advised, we've fed it back and will update the thread when we have any further information. 

View solution in original position

121 REPLIES 121

Apparently Vodafone supports stance on Wi-Fi Calling not working on third party phones is:

"As <name removed> has mentioned we're not able to guarantee a phone will work with Wi-Fi calling, if it wasn't provided by Vodafone directly. I appreciate that it's listed of one of our compatible phones on our website, this is in relation to phones supplied by us.

Did you try removing the option on your account, by texting CALLING to 97888 and then re-applying it? If this hasn't worked unfortunately we're not able to offer any further support with this.

Thanks,

<name removed>
Social Media

Vodafone Limited
Vodafone HQ, The Connection, Newbury, Berkshire, RG14 2FN
Registered in England No 1471587"

Strange that I did not see this clearly stated prior to purchasing.

I thought O2 had poor customer support but Vodafone pushed that barrier and excelled even further.

Shame we cannot say we are not able to guarantee to pay vodafone for promising a service which you cannot. guarantee.

Aweful, aweful attitude from a poor service!!

I had the same problem with WiFi calling and raised the same point that they were advertising something they couldn't deliver. 

I put in a formal complaint and they released me from my contract. In the end I decided to stay with them anyway. 

@Craig26576 wrote:

Apparently Vodafone supports stance on Wi-Fi Calling not working on third party phones is:

"As <name removed> has mentioned we're not able to guarantee a phone will work with Wi-Fi calling, if it wasn't provided by Vodafone directly. I appreciate that it's listed of one of our compatible phones on our website, this is in relation to phones supplied by us.

Did you try removing the option on your account, by texting CALLING to 97888 and then re-applying it? If this hasn't worked unfortunately we're not able to offer any further support with this.

Thanks,

<name removed>
Social Media

Vodafone Limited
Vodafone HQ, The Connection, Newbury, Berkshire, RG14 2FN
Registered in England No 1471587"

Strange that I did not see this clearly stated prior to purchasing.

I thought O2 had poor customer support but Vodafone pushed that barrier and excelled even further.

Shame we cannot say we are not able to guarantee to pay vodafone for promising a service which you cannot. guarantee.

Aweful, aweful attitude from a poor service!!

Oh Vodafone. I really would have thought you’d have got your act together over this by now. 

It’s a problem that’s been affecting the S7 series and S8 series for....well, for years now. 

And you know perfectly well that telling customers it’s because they haven’t got a Voda branded device is nothing but a red herring (and that’s being kind). 

Wifi Calling is now an important part of the mobile phone experience and you really should be on top of it. 

It feels like you still treat it as a non-essential after thought. 

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

I’m disappointed to hear the experience you’re all having with Wi-Fi Calling.

@Craig26576 - I’ve searched for your email via the address you’ve registered to the Community with and nothing’s showing. Please let me know the reference from the auto reply email (it looks like #123456).

@Fruitbat56 – You’d need to be on one of our Pay monthly Red Extra, Red Entertainment, or a Red/Red Value Bundle. If you’d like us to take a look, please send us your details by following the instructions in this private message.

Hi Gemma,

The reference is #20232212.

I am attempting to try the suggested steps again tonight, after upgrading my phone to the latest BTU firmware (January 2019).

Regards

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Craig26576 Thanks for getting back to us. I can see we’ve received your email and we’ll be in touch as soon as we can.

All - just wanted to share with you my own sucess story with this feature on my S7 Edge (un-locked and bought SIM free).

My account had Wifi Calling enabled on it last week. After multiple reboots with airplane mode enabled and disabled and then trying Nova launcher I couldn't get the Wifi calling option to be visable. So, I took the Vodafone SIM card and put it into an iPhone X and then enabled the feature there as it was visible. When I moved the SIM card back to my S7 Edge the feature was now visable and also enabled. So if you have it enabled and still can't see it maybe move the SIM card into another phone to enable the feature on that handset and then move it back.

Hope this helps someone else!

Hi,

It's been a while, just dropped by this old thread and noticed I hadn't updated with my fix.

I did manage to get wifi calling, the resolution was to.

1. Flash TWRP recovery on the phone.

2. Run  CSC Selection, and flash a UK version of the Vodafone CSC.

I like to root my phones, so couldn't comment if this is also needed.

These steps are not for the faint hearted, and has a high probabilit of bricking, and removing the warranty of the phone.

I am certain the fails were due to the CSC not being a Vodafone UK version, I also suspect this is how the relevant phone companies tie their WiFi service to "their" phones.

The ironic thing in all my troubles is I never actually use WiFi Calling!

Is anyone else still having problems with this? 

I have tried:

1. Turning it on and off in the app and vice versa.

2. Waiting 24 hours after doing this.

3. Sending CALLING to 97888.

4. Asking online chat to turn it on.

5. Entering the APN info manually.

6. Screaming. 

No joy. 

Is Vodafone STILL unable to fix this?

Thanks, A.

Oh, and...

7. Using a different launcher.