Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Galaxy S7 EDGE wifi calling, no option

Plasmaticfever
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I have just upgraded last week, i received the phone yesterday, brand new galaxy S7 edge. I have a pay monthly red value plan so i should have wifi calling enabled, and have been told by several advisors that i do have wifi calling and it IS enabled (from their end).

I've now spoken to 5 advisors, on phone and online, they all told me moreorless the same. They had "activated" it on their end....well how can you activate something more than once?

The PROBLEM is that there is no option in my phone to enable wifi calling, anywhere....ive restarted the damned thing 10 times now after being told "restart then go to settings...." sent the text saying "CALLING" to 97888 and received the reply. Its been over 24 hours since i recieved the reply from them, and still i have no option to enable it. Im at my wits end, somebody please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ChazzD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi everyone, 

Apologies for the problems you're all currently having with Wi-Fi Calling. 

As far as we're aware at the moment, the next software update will push through a fix for this. As @DaneB advised, we've fed it back and will update the thread when we have any further information. 

View solution in original position

121 REPLIES 121

Hi again, 

I've just had the phone exchanged as being on the phone to another advisor helped very little. Nobody seems to quite understand this problem.... 2 devices both running the same software have the same problem. I dont understand how nobody knows about this. 

The option in the settings does not exist, not on the new one either, no amount of rebooting and manually updating and turning the wifi calling feature on and off has done ANYTHING. Is there not just a damned file i can download to force the bloody thing to work. This problem is seriously frustrating and if i have to talk to another person who tells me to turn it off and on again im going to flip. 

I simply CANNOT be alone in this problem, all the searches i do are bringing up posts from last year when Nougart was brand new... well it isnt anymore, somebody must understand how it works. Also, all Samsung keep doing is saying its a vodafone problem as they (somehow open a sealed product and) embed their own software into the phone.

Please help.

@Plasmaticfever

Did you email us your details using the link provided in the private message we sent you previously?

If so, please reply on the same email chain so our team can take another look into this for you. 

Plasma, 

You're not alone 

Bought a brand new S7 edge from the vodafone shop in Newbury (1mile from vodafone global HQ....), as part of the update process it installed Nougat (i guess i could have skipped, but why would i), and i have never had the WiFI Calling switch. 

I live in the middle of nowhere and don't have a signal inside the house at all so bought this phone explciitly for wifi calling. 

I've followed all the guides- turn off the switch in the account, swap Sims with another phone, text 97888, etc etc. 

If i take the Sim out of my S7 and put in the vodafone S6 i have (which isn't on a 4red bundle) then suddenly wifi calling is activated in the S6. This means that the network is doing its thing, its just that the handset isn't quite right.

Have had numerous online chats, finally a tech guy admitted that there was nothing they could do and i should take the phone back to the store- which seems ridiculous.

What i did notice is that hte S6 and S7 operate differently when you swap the SIMs- they register with different SMS responses from the network- which seems weird.

Can this really be this difficult- not sure what other solutions i have except for returning and cancelling

Becca_P
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@pugwash4x4

It's a shame to hear that your Wi-Fi calling isn't working.

So we can take another look into this for you, please follow the instructions I've just sent to you in a private message.

Same problem  had 3 different s7 handsets and hours of Vodafone tech support online and in store. Still no wifi calling option in the phone settings.......

Finally gave up and payed Vodafone (£69) for a sure signal.  Bbc watchdog being informed...

Guys what you need to do is go on live chat and ask them to send you the configuration messages again. Then once get the messages instal them and then you should have wifi calling.

Brand new S7, Vodafone supplied, updated to Android 7 as soon as it came out the box, no wifi calling option, Vodafone online hopeless - 'take it to the nearest shop', telephone support just as bad, fobbed me off to Samsung after he had problem identifying his Android versions, Samsung said its Vodafone's problem. Not at all impressed, wifi calling was one of the main reasons for going with Vodafone.

I realise this is a bit of an old thread, but maybe this app could help: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wikimediacom.wifi.calling

rmrayner
1: Seeker

The idiotic Android developers removed the WiFi cvalling on the Nougat (version 7) update.  It was working fine on my S7 Edge until they updated the OS.  Now without it for weekss... and Vodafone have been USELESS at understanding and sorting out the problem.  The only thing we can do is wait for Android to release a patch.  No sign of that BTW after waiting weeks.

Here's what won't work:

1. Reactivating WifI Calling at Vodafone (tried this three times)

2. Factory Resetting your phone (thanks guys totally messed up my phone for nothing)

3. Going to a Vodafone shop for a 'patch' (2 hours I won't get back)

4. Getting a text update sent to your phone by Vodafone.

I am going to leave for EE who immediately seem to have solved the same issue.

You need to activate correct APN settings.

Settings - Connections - Mobile Networks  - Access Points Names - ADD

Name - Contract WAP

APN - wap.vodafone.co.uk

Proxy - not set

Port - Not set

Username - wap

Password - wap

Server - http://www.vodafone.co.uk?cid=VOD-HOM-001

MMSC  - http://mms.vodafone.co.uk/servelets/mms

MMS Proxy - 212.183.137.12

MMS Port - 8799

MCC - 234

MNC - 15

Authentication Type  - PAP

APN - default

APN protocol - IPv4

APN roaming protocol- IPv4

Leave the remaining 4 settings as they are. Then press 3 dots and save the added APN

Then select the added APN and restart the phone. WI FI calling will appear once new APN embeds and gets registered. I did this on my phone after Factory Reset and Wi Fi calling option appeared afer about 40 minutes and when I go into APN settings the added APN is appearing as embedded thus if you click on it,  you can not change the settings apart from deleting it completely. Hope this helps