Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Galaxy S7 WiFi Calling

FortBillGuy
3: Seeker
3: Seeker
Really poor show here vodafone. I renewed my contract for another two years because of the promises made by several of your employees - through live chat and on the phone - about WiFi calling being available on the S7 straight out of the box. Bit of a lie that one is it not? Where are the customer service advisors given this information from? Is it just made up on the spot to appease this daft customer paying £45 a month who has to go out to the garden to send a text message?

If it's going to be coming to the S7, great. If not, then please explain why not. If it's coming a date would be appreciated. Not a "we're working on it". That's not good enough here - not for a flagship phone. If EE have it working, surely vodafone can too?

If there is no positive outcome to this within 7 days through the forum - my phone is being returned, my contract is being cancelled and there will be a formal complaint made to ofcom as I have been mis-sold a product. It seems like I am not alone in this issue of WiFi calling, I would hope others also consider these steps for a swift resolution.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @FortBillGuy

There isn't a compatibility reason why Vodafone cannot add this phone model to the Wifi Calling capability and the firmware looks to be fine too.

I think even so they'll possibly want to test it anyway to ensure there isn't any bugs that can affect their customers. I understand the critism of calling over wifi but the criticism is much on a larger scale if a problem did exist.

Another best place to watch is on Vodafones Blog and on the dedicated calling over wifi page.

Customer service wouldn't see you post here nor respond to it as any specific Enquires like this need to go through customer service - like you have done.

Did you retain the chat logs from live chat to prove what you were advised. Not all calls to customer service are recorded and those that are - are retained for 60 days. If you were advised as you state then you do have grounds for a grievance. A person can write to customer service via the correspondence address at the foot of the forum page. 

Vodafone tech do respond on the eforum in connection to posts connected to signal / mast issues and sure signal enquiries. 

Im sure your aware you have 14 days from recieving the phone to cancel in the cooling off period. 

Whichever decision you take I wish you all the best. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

13 REPLIES 13

New S7, updated to Android 7 as soon as I took it out of the box, no Wifi ccalling Vodafone support as useful as a chocolate fireguard. SO this issue HAS NOT been reseolved

Hi

If you read the post I updated yesterday  *** UPDATE *** Galaxy s7 wifi calling ***SOLVED**...

You'll see that I had no wifi calling toggle in my call settings.

All it took to resolve this issue was a live chat with a tech guy and a quick call to a Vodafone number he gave me.

The issue was resolved in a couple of minutes remotely and the wifi calling toggle appeared in my settings.

I switched to flight mode to test it out and it works perfectly, I was making a wifi call in a few seconds.

I have read on forums about messing about with routers and apn's and all sorts of technical things that I certainly woldn't want to get involved with.

The tech guy I spoke to on the phone couldnt have been nicer and although he told me it may take twenty minutes to set up, it only took two minutes.

The number i was told to call to get the issue resolved was 03333040191

I hope this helps

cheers

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@djbabz If you're continuing to experience issues after following @ilsonlad1's advice, I've sent you a private message with details to contact our team directly and we'll be happy to help.

Works fine on my BTU unbranded bought from CPW