Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Galaxy S8 - No Service

Timble7
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Had my S8 upgrade for 6 weeks, suddenly started showing no service, took sim out put into old phone, worked fine and picked up signal as did other vodafone mobiles in the house, retried network settings couldn't find network, checked imei etc, phoned 191, told to take to store, 45 min drive into Aberdeen given new simcard phone worked for 40 mins then back to no service .....:Angry_Face:  store did say if that happened ring 191 and super users would investigate, however lady I got wanted me to drive 45 mins again into Aberdeen for full diagnostics to be run I asked for replacement to be sent to me, no can do asked for supervisor to call me back (told be before 4pm yday) still no call back :Angry_Face: it's not convenient to drive back and forth to a store, and no other support being offered to me, as usual pathetic support being offered by VF and I have a 6 week old mobile that doesn't work...............any suggestions how to resolve without driving back and forth to the store ? phone was an upgrade that was sent to me via courier.

3 REPLIES 3

DRUIDDOODE
13: Advanced Member

Hi buddy sorry to hear about your trouble,if I was in your situation I would go back to the shop and gatdwgt sent off to be looked at (Vodafone repair)  rather than to take a chance with a new SIM and then having to travel yet again.

At least this way they will test it thoroughly Bedfore sending it back to you 

If you do send it back take time stamped pictures of your device so it is clear of the condition you sent it back in.

Also one of the CC will post here as well with possible more suggestions so if you can just hang fire a little while

It was the store that tested it out and gave me the new sim......................so have already been to the store once and that was their best fix, ...........hence reluctant to go back again as it's 90 min trip for me plus parking charges etc,  can't keep going back and forth and leaving no better off..........thanks for the advice will hang fire, can't drop everything and go to the store anyways so a few days before I might manage to take the phone in 

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

As per your own process of elimination by testing the sim in another phone and it works fine this would indeed point to a phone issue @Timble7

Having a sim swap imo would have been fruitless unless the sim didn't work or was old or only worked intermittently in the alternative phone. 

Personally I'd be more inclined to visit a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Location to have a diagnostic run on the phone.  > Samsung Service Location link.

A Vodafone Highstreet Store can send it off too but imo Samsung know their hardware and software better than a repair centre.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.