Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Galaxy s9+ s9 plus android pie update

chrishottease
2: Seeker

Hey guys, 

I have a galaxy s9+ unlocked (XEU), I've always had ota updates without a problem but I have not yet had the android pie update yet even though it was released at the beginning of 2019. I know there's a lag whilst Vodafone add their bloatware to it etc but it feels like it's been long enough and I'm wondering whether everyone has it already and because my phone is unlocked I've somehow 'missed out'. Anyone confirm anything - are you still waiting for pie? Have you got an unlocked phone like mine and still not got it?

Cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks for the reply. I tried smart switch but it didn't detect new firmware so decided to follow the sammobile update procedure https://www.sammobile.com/samsung/galaxy-s9-plus/firmware/SM-G965F/XEU/ for my code and its updated perfectly. Thanks for the reply. 

View solution in original position

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Xeu is a CsC code from a phone supplied by an authorised Samsung reseller such as Carphone Warehouse so is unlocked and will have updates sent out by Samsung directly.

Vodafone having no direct interaction i.e test it before allowing Samsung to send it out.

I buy my phones direct from Samsung so have the BTU csc code.

Usually the update can be manually checked for in Settings_Software Update.

Have you tried using Smartswitch?

The phone was scheduled to receive Android 9 in February 2019.

A Samsung Experience Store might be able to update it for you.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for the reply. I tried smart switch but it didn't detect new firmware so decided to follow the sammobile update procedure https://www.sammobile.com/samsung/galaxy-s9-plus/firmware/SM-G965F/XEU/ for my code and its updated perfectly. Thanks for the reply. 

MATT_LINTOTT86

i have a s8 and i am still waiting for pie update its been out for nearly a year! everyone else i know who has a samsung has it

If it's the same problem that I had then I don't expect you'll get the ota updates and you'll have to flash it using the firmware from sammobile. It's official firmware so won't affect the device warranty etc. Use the app "phone info" to work out which firmware you need (what your model is)