Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Genuine Vodafone App?

v19uk
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

When I reboot my phone, I have 2 SIM Toolkit Apps, and when the SIM card is inserted and I select Vodafone as the network, one of the SIM Toolkit Apps changes it's name to Vodafone and has the following menu:

Screenshot_20190616-180245_SIM toolkit.jpg

Is it a genuine Vodafone App? The reason I ask is that I recently had a debit card cloned, and I'd entered all the details on my phone only a few days before and worried it may be a fake app and keylogging everything I enter.

13 REPLIES 13

hooker1uk
14: Advanced member
14: Advanced member

This had been on Vodafone handsets as long as the SIM toolkit was created. Nothing to worry about guys. In most cases you'll not notice it at all. But it can't be removed

Paul - Blogger at imwellconfused.me.uk @hooker1uk 

Current devices: Nokia e7-00, Smart ultra 7 - archos xenon 96 

Disclosure! I review devices, products and services in partnership with Vodafone UK on imwellconfused uk. Anything I post here is not affiliated or endorsed by Vodafone UK. 

What I find strange is that the app only appeared last month and I've been with Vodafone since last year, it didn't appear then wehn I got my phone.

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Did you get in touch with us through the links Loz provided @v19uk? If so, have we been in touch and got this sorted for you?

Loz
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@v19uk It seems really strange that this has happened! So a member of our team can get this looked into and help you further, please get in touch via Facebook at Vodafone UK, or contact us on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK. Don't forget to include the link to this thread, along with your username.