Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Gmail problem

glenachulish
1: Seeker

Hi, since the 2.2 update I have had the problem of any gmail email that I first read on my phone doesn't then download to my pc using outlook. If I log into gmail on the web then the email in question is there, but somehow outlook doesn't see it. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Callum

4 REPLIES 4

Retired-Woody
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi glenachulish,

If your email is showing in your account online, then it should download to your Outlook o.k. The only reason that Outlook wouldn't pull it, is if it has been removed from the email server. However, if it shows online then this isn't the case.

You will need to get someone to take a look at your Outlook settings to see what the issue is. I would suggest removing and then adding the account again on your computer.

Woody

eForum Team

EddyOS
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member
Which app are you using to read your email? If you're using the Gmail app it shouldn't make a difference but if you're using the HTC Mail app it'll download it as POP mail and depending on your online settings it won't be available in Outlook
HTC One X (S720e)
ROM: 3.14.401.31 (JRO03C)
HBOOT: 1.39.0000 | Recovery: Stock
Radio: 5.1204.162.29 | Kernel: Stock

mottaway
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have a new \Nokia 520 and cannot set up gmail I have followed the step by step and switched off 2 step verification but no joy?

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

What happens - do you get any kind of error message?  I've added gmail to a 635 with no problems, so it should work.   It's quite slow to respond though - is it just a matter of waiting?