Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Google Pay - Huawei P20 Pro

MarkyMark2704
2: Seeker

I have tried to set up Google Pay on the P20 Pro however the App will not let me make it default. Also, when going into the NFC settings and click under Tap & Pay, Google Pay isn't shown in the Default Payment Apps. I am able to add cards into the Google Pay app.

I have also tried using this in a number of stores over different days and nothing happens, the phone just beeps, and again, I am unable to click 'Make App Default'

I find Google Pay really useful so please any advice would be greatful. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SimonWilding
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

I hadn't realised NFC sim cards were no longer supplied, just checked mine and it doesn't have the )))) symbol on it.

Maybe it was a clash between the phone and the SIM, but either way since changing the SIM it's worked fine.

Samsung A52S 5G - SM-A528B/DS

Android Version - 12 One UI version 4.1

Last Update 19.4.22

Build- SP1A.210812.016/A528BXXS1CVD1

Baseband- A528BXXUiCVC4
Nova Launcher. Chrome browser.

My phone history (back to 1997!):

Huawei P30, P20, VF Smart V8, Note 4, S4, S2, Tocco Ultra, F490, P300, E250, RAZR v3, Timeport 250, A300, Star-Tac 

View solution in original position

39 REPLIES 39

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @MarkyMark2704

May I ask who supplied the phone to you ?

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi

I purchased it with Vodafone on Pay Monthly plan

Ok @MarkyMark2704

I was just checking if the phone was an import or had been supplied by independents such as Carphone Warehouse as some phones supplied have issues supporting features.

So if this phone was supplied directly via Vodafone UK if this was my situation I would suggest deleting your cards then the cache and data withon tbe apps storage location and then app and then the app via Play Store under my apps. 

Then re download and try again. 

Current Phone  >

Hello,

I did all the below instructions but still not working. Won't let me click 'Set as Default' and on the NFC settings under Tap and Pay the Google Pay app doesn't appear. The strange thing is, i have downloaded the Barclaycard app and the app is within that setting. I have deleted the Barclaycard app and nothing appears in the setting. Just unsure if there is something additional that Google Pay needs to operate? Just don't know why this isn't working as it worked fine on my previous Samsung Phone.

If the phone isn't rooted then it should be a simple set up. 

Unfortunately as I do not own that phone I cannot go through the set up screens myself. 

Setting up Android Pay etc should be a simple affair. 

Maybe a Vodafone High street Store can help ?

Current Phone  >

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble getting your Google Pay set up @MarkyMark2704 and understand how frustrating this must be. 

You may be able to find more information on app compatibility here. Please let us know how you get on - it could also be worth getting in touch with Huawei here, to see if they can shed any light on this.

I fixed it on my P20 Pro by enrolling in the google play services beta and downloading that. Google pay works perfectly now!

Yeah, forcing a change to it seems to get it to kick in. Much faster than a factory wipe.

birchp1234

Hi,

Did you ever resolve your problem?  I appear to have a related issue.

I have a new Huawei P20 Pro and everything is fine except Google Pay does not work.  I ran a test app to verify NFC is working (which it is) but google pay does not react to any payment terminal.

I am wondering if you ever had this issue resolved?

Regards,

Paul