Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Google verification

meryfela
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

received a new vodafone ultra 7 last week and messed up the setting up procedure. I then did a facory reset and set up a new Google account. Now when I try to log into the phone the Google verification is saying that I cannot log-in 'due to a password being recently changed' and to log in on previously synched account.

I've tried the reset again, waited more than 24 hours, but still getting the same. Anyone help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hrym
17: Community Champion

I didn't read the two threads I linked to in great detail - just skimmed for relevance, but I'm pretty sure one of them was specific about which details to use.  I'm not sure you need to do another reset, just wait 72 hours from the original one.

View solution in original position

13 REPLIES 13

AnnS

@meryfela

Resetting the phone won't help.

You need to use the gmail account you previously held with Google before the change of phone.  Your contacts and files will also be synchronised to the account and as soon as you log in on your phone, your contacts will automatically move to the new phone.

If you cannot remember your password or log in information, there is a help and forgotten password link on gmail.

Hi

Thanks for that, but my last contract phone from Vodafone was a Nokia and operated through the Windows, so I did not have a Google account associated with that phone. I've tried all sorts of ways to log onto this Vodafone Ultra 7 but to no avail. I'm sure there must be a way to resolve this, eh?

Cheers

Jeff

hrym

Sorry, but I can't see why you'd set up a new Google account.  The answer is to use the previous one, as indicated, and to request a password reminder if necessary.   There are also recover options, but they're all automated.   One of the downsides of a free service is that there's no staffed helpline.   Can you also try logging in on a PC in order to gain access?

I've done all those things. Got a verification code from Google (three times now) but when I enter the verification code the phone just tells me I cannot log on 'due to recent password change'. It just seems to be going round in circles.

Cheers

hrym

How about access on a PC?  If you can do that, you may be able to verify the account, or at least establish whether this is a Google thing.  I've now seen your other thread relating to Vodafone Protect, so it could be that.  I don't use it, so can't help on that score.  It's possible there's a timeout on that and that you may be able to get in after a delay (?)   Is there any indication what is generating the "can't log in" message?

Hello

I can log in on PC and the account is verified. When I try to open the phone it won't accept the login details that are verified on my PC. Even when I try forgotten password, I get a Verification Code, enter that and it still doesn't work, even when I wait more than the 24hours that some have recommended. I have not actively used Vodafone protect, so don't think it can be that. When I first posted I was misunderstanding what that was. I'm stumped.

hrym

If you've got PC access to the account, can you turn of two-step verification?   Does that help?

2-step verification never turned on.

hrym