Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Grey ‘T’s at bottom of screen

bolo
12: Established

A couple of days ago a few grey ‘T’s appeared along the bottom of the screen on my Vodaphone Smart Ultra 6 phone and I’m wondering what they are. Hopefully they can be seen on the attached pic.

12 REPLIES 12

bolo

Sorry, can’t get pic to appear in post. Message keeps telling me to correct errors but no errors highlighted.

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Have you recently downloaded any new app's ?

What happens if you soft reboot by turning it off and on  ?

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

hrym

I agree with @BandOfBrothers.   For odd errors, my troubleshooting routine is:

Clear recent apps
Clear system cache
Restart

In that order.   It solves a lot of issues and I hope it does yours.

bolo

No recent apps but I see that even when the phone is totally shut down, the marks are still there. Tried yet again to include image but no luck.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@bolo How are you trying to upload the image? 

If you click on Photos as shown below: 

image upload 1.PNG

Then you'll get to this screen where you'll be able to select 'Choose Files' or drag and drop:  image upload 2.PNG

If you choose a file then you'll be able to pick it from your PC: image upload 3.png

image upload 4.PNG

Then if you click done in the bottom right, it'll add it to your post. 

Alternatively you can click 'Choose Files' just under the text box and you'll be able to add the image as an attachment 😊

BandOfBrothers

@bolo wrote:

No recent apps but I see that even when the phone is totally shut down, the marks are still there. Tried yet again to include image but no luck.

If the marks are still there even when the phone is powered down then it could be screen burn in. 

A Vodafone High street Store can assess it and if necessary send the phone away. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

396221C2-5809-45C3-B35D-F7DD8CB5E1EF.jpeg

hrym

I was going to suggest that they might be vestigial outlines of the fixed icons, but those don't look anything like that.   I suspect a repair is your only option.   Don't forget to back up your content as a factory reset will be part of the process.

bolo

Is there any way that I can back up my contacts?  Every time this phone is taken in for repair, I lose the lot!