Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

HTC 10 on Vodafone

LordLanky
6: Helper
So, exciting news about the HTC 10 yesterday.
The leaks left me doubting if the device was good enough, but initial reviews suggest it might have got it right.

In the meantime TechRadar suggests VF are sitting on the fence about whether to stock it.

I'm sure a helpful VF member of staff will point us to the pointless "Coming Soon" page. Thanks for that.

Meantime here in the real world who would like VF to stock the HTC 10?
Is it incredible or even possible that VF are considering to NOT run with it?
291 REPLIES 291

63johnw
17: Community Champion
Hi. As you say you will be pointed to the coming soon pages for updates.

Personally I would love vodafone to stock it, it's definitely a handset I would be interested in. Whilst it doesn't appear to have any killer new features, the camera is supposed to be very good, expandable memory, plenty ram and fast response. Looks good too.

I would be surprised if they didn't stock it but you never know.

BandOfBrothers

Hi

I agree it does look like a nice phone and hopefully Vodafone will see it as a good addition to their offered handsets. 

If not then there is always sim free I guess. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi All,

I have just been informed that Vodafone are going to stock the HTC 10 for upgrades, these will be available in about a week.:smileyhappy:

LordLanky
I was pleased to learn about the use of Android adoptable storage - meaning we don't have to buy the more expensive editions, but can effectively expand the OS partition, and encrypted as it turns out.

heppie89
4: Newbie

I'm already tempted to upgrade through a 3rd party who are already offering it on a Vodafone contract

I'd rather go direct through vodafone, but if it's not up in the next few days I'll probably go elsewhere.

BandOfBrothers

That's an option but do take into account that if a contract isn't opened / upgraded directly with Vodafone then some discounts such as VEA are not available, and essentially you become the customer of the 3rd party. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

63johnw
Also Wi-Fi calling is only available to handsets bought direct from vodafone (apart from iphones) on some devices at the minute so worth bearing in mind too (although it's not guaranteed all future devices will have Wi-Fi calling enabled !)

I read this on the tech news this morning, I really hope this is not accurate information:

Vodafone confirmed to our sister site techradar it won't be stocking the HTC 10 at this time. A statement from the network read, "We are constantly reviewing our device portfolio but there are no current plans to range the HTC 10" suggesting it may come to the network eventually.

Im Vodafone customer for 7 years and all my phones were HTCs and I was really looking forward to HTC 10, my contract expired in March but I was waiting for this phone to upgrade.

Hope someone can officially confirm or deny this?

If this really the case I will have to part my ways with Vodafone :smileysad:

P.S All other networks already confirmed that they will stock the HTC 10!

I have also read that on Tech radar, please could Vodafone give us an official answer?