Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

HTC 10 on Vodafone

LordLanky
6: Helper
6: Helper
So, exciting news about the HTC 10 yesterday.
The leaks left me doubting if the device was good enough, but initial reviews suggest it might have got it right.

In the meantime TechRadar suggests VF are sitting on the fence about whether to stock it.

I'm sure a helpful VF member of staff will point us to the pointless "Coming Soon" page. Thanks for that.

Meantime here in the real world who would like VF to stock the HTC 10?
Is it incredible or even possible that VF are considering to NOT run with it?
291 REPLIES 291

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion

Vodafone never gives official answers to anything on this forum. Also they rarely say what models they won't be stocking only the ones that they will.

All you can do is keep an eye on the Coming Soon section of the official blog and wait to see if it appears there or doesn't appear there.

If you wish to stay with Vodafone you can always buy the phone outright and move to a sim free contract. Also independent dealers may well be able to supply the HTC 10 with a Vodafone contract as they buy the phones independently and create their own tariffs.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Last Update on Blog Coming Soon page was 22 of February... 

To be honest, why should I buy phone outright and spend £600 plus pay every month sim free contract when another network can give me phone for free and I can just keep paying monthly?!

Dealing with 3rd party is a nightmare, as any issues Vodafone just wash hands saying it's not their problem, I learned my lesson already so I'm not doing that again.

So if you are not able to provide flagship phone then there is no point staying with you. In addition to that your customer service became shocking in the last couple of years.  

jeffkinn

First of all I'm a customer just like you so the 'your' doesn't work.

Is HTC a flagship phone? Sales of the M9 have been appalling as even HTC have admitted and their market share is now tiny. I'm sure it's a terrific phone but Vodafone seems to have made the business decision to invest their money and efforts into more successful handsets.

People will make their own decisions accordingly.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Sorry, but you do sound like their employee, not the customer.

Yes it is, if you managed to see reviews and specification published yesterday after official launch you can see that specifications match to competitors flagships (S7, iPhone), screen, processor, ram, storage, etc and they really stepped up with a camera this time. Sound was always their strong point as well as premium build quality. 

Yes HTC had bad sale with M9 (which Im owner of) simply because they didn't step up with innovation from M8 (which I also owned, it was a great phone). But that doesn't mean because of one bad year Vodafone needs to dismiss HTC flagship phone.

Also, Vodafone sells Huawei and LG flagships which also have small market share, so I don't see this as a business decision. All major networks seems to have business interest to sell this phone except Vodafone?!

Yes, I'm sure people will make up their own decision and Im not here to influence anybody, just wanted to verify information. 

People like myself who like HTC and use it for years will have no option than to take money elsewhere and get the new phone.

@ heppie89We are both in the same shoes. Sad that I have to leave because of this after 7 years with Vodafone, but at least we know that other networks will supply it. Can't wait to get my hands on it! :smileywink:

jeffkinn

zorica wrote:

Sorry, but you do sound like their employee, not the customer.

I do? Would an employee be telling you to go somewhere else?

HTC has less than 2% of the global market share and is losing tens of millions every month. Will they still be around this time next year?

LG and Huawei are much stronger companies with a far larger market share. As a long time commmercial FD (with no connection to or inside knowledge of Vodafone) I can see the business argument for investing resources elsewhere.

I have had an M8 and M9 and agree they are lovely phones. Shame no one bought them.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

You didn't tell me to go somewhere else, you told me to buy phone outright and stay with Vodafone on simfree contract, sorry but there is a difference.

Honestly, nothing against you, all the best! Keep up with good work defending Vodafone as "customer".

Im glad that other network still have faith in HTC and thankfully I will be able to still get HTC phone on contract. 

jeffkinn
I'm not defending Vodafone in any way. Why would I do that? I think it's a mistake not to range the 10 but I can understand why they don't.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

hrym

My guess would be that they probably will, this being HTC's now top-of-the-range model.   It might be that HTC have to work a little harder to persuade them, that's all - it's not like a new Samsung or iPhone, where you can't afford not to stock it.

As regards Android adoptable storage, that's a feature of Marshmallow and should be available on any device that has that OS.  However, it's reliant on the speed of the external storage and Samsung have disabled it on the S7 for that reason.   I believe its main purpose is for "emerging" markets where base specs are a lot lower.  If you enable it, you need to remember that the card will only be available in that device and can't be trasferred to another one.   Personally, I prefer to keep it as an external drive, used for content I'm going to want to move about,

BandOfBrothers

A recent forum Announcement. 

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Vodafone-Announcements/HTC-10/m-p/2487224

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks bandofbrothers for publishing it here.

Basically, it's the same statement as Techradar published yesterday. 

It's a real shame :smileysad: Now it will be a hassle for me to move my number to a different network and get all that sorted but clearly has to be done...