Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

HTC Desire HD - Syncing Outlook Contacts

EnVeeEss
1: Seeker
Although I've read quite a few strings both here and in other forums, I'm still having problems when trying to sync contacts that I've entered on my HD to my PC. Syncing contacts entered on my PC to the HD works ok when using HTC Sync.

I have never previously used gMail but have now set up an account and can see that all the new contacts I entered directly onto the HD are registering in my gmail accounts list - BUT NONE OF MY OUTLOOK CONTACTS ARE LISTED.

I do not want to stop using Outlook and so need to get Outlook AND gMail AND the HD to sync. Can anyone help?

PS - I have tried using MyPhoneExplorer and SyncSquare to do this but to no avail!
7 REPLIES 7

Retired-Trev
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi EnVeeEss and welcome to he Vodafone eForum. :)

You should be able to sync Outlook with your handset. :)

You can do this by using the Google Calender Sync software:

Step 1: Download the Google Calendar Sync software, and then install this software.
Step 2: Enter your Gmail account information. Select 2-Way sync as this will sync your Outlook with Gmail.
Step 3: Set sync interval in minutes.
Step 4: Click OK

Let me know how you get on.

Regards

Trev
eForum Team

EnVeeEss

Hi EnVeeEss and welcome to he Vodafone eForum.

You should be able to sync Outlook with your handset.

You can do this by using the Google Calender Sync software:

Step 1: Download the Google Calendar Sync software, and then install this software.
Step 2: Enter your Gmail account information. Select 2-Way sync as this will sync your Outlook with Gmail.
Step 3: Set sync interval in minutes.
Step 4: Click OK

Let me know how you get on.

Regards

Trev
eForum Team

EnVeeEss
Hi Trev

Thanks for getting back to me. Have tried your suggestion, but am getting error message up everytime I install Google Sync software. Looks like there may be a conflict with either Win 7 or Outlook 2007.

Any more suggestions?

EnVeeEss

Retired-Wayne
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi EnVeeEss

Thanks for your post here. I'm sorry to hear that this still isn't working. :(

Can you tell me what the error message that you are getting is?

Other than that, I'm afraid I'm all out of ideas, perhaps some of our other eForum members will be able to help you further with this.

Let me know how you get on and if you have any more questions we'll be happy to help you further

Thanks

Wayne

eForum Team

RyanThomson2024
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

There are serveral ways to go, here I introduce two of them.

1. You can download "Outlook.com" app on your android phone and sync the contacts that you want.

2. If you want to sync the data including contacts in Outlook on PC, you can use third-party android phone management software, like Android Transfer. It can help you export the outlook contacts files which you want and transfer them to your phone. I found a tutorial with more details that may help you out: How to Transfer Contacts from Outlook to Android.

Hope it helps!

You can use Gmail or Outlook to transfer contacts.For Gmail, open your Gmail account on your computer and click Settings > Import>sync your android contacts.

For Outlook, open your email on your computer, then click File > Import and Export > sync android contacts.

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

This method is great for getting contacts from Outlook to another service in the first place - to get mine into Google, I simply exported as a .csv file.   It doesn't work for regular (and especially 2-way) syncing, though.   Some manufacturers' software suites will do this and there are various third party applications, most of them paid for.  For OTA syncing, you generally need to find a SyncML server, though I haven't found a public one.

In order to avoid the risk of corrupting two sets of contacts, I take the laborious route and update Google and Outlook separately.   For new contacts, you can create in one service, then export the single record as a vcard and import.   That'll work for updates too, as long as you delete the original in the target file.