Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

HTC One X - Signal Drop Out and Not Regained

GaWill
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi

I have had a HTC One X for the past month, however this problem has been gradually getting worse.

Mainly in work but its also happened other places i can have a great signal and be on HSDPA or 3G, then i will move to somewhere such as the kitchen area in work and the signal will drop out. I will then return to my desk and put the phone in the exact place it was getting full signal and data connection but the Signal will not come back. I will get the No Signal message.

I have tried leaving the phone for over 30 mins but the signal doesnt come back and also looking for the network manually but it doesnt find it.

However, if i restart the phone the full signal and HSDPA/3G connection will come back.

Is this a fault with the phone or a strange network issue?

96 REPLIES 96

EddyOS
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member
I've had it happen once on my unbranded One X
HTC One X (S720e)
ROM: 3.14.401.31 (JRO03C)
HBOOT: 1.39.0000 | Recovery: Stock
Radio: 5.1204.162.29 | Kernel: Stock

Mine is running on the same setting as the ones you have posted here.

Retired-Simon
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi GaWill

Thanks for your post. As it's happening in more than one location I would be inclined to suggest that this is a handset or firmware issue rather than network. I'd still recommend tryin the steps in our Network Troubleshooting thread. If you are still experiencing the issue having completed these steps, post the template with your answers here and I'll have a member of the team get back to you ASAP.

Thanks

Simon

Its happening to me. The signal just drops dead. It seems to be in places that don'tnormally have strong signal. I normally get Edge in my flat, but now got no signal not even when I turn my phone to 2G only. 

I have done the new Sim card thing, checked the network etc etc, so it seems to be the phone. bloody typically. Knew I should have lept with BB, heard bad things about HTC. Reading on line with the Wifi issues, I think it as spread to the other atenia issues. 

Hope VF recall the job lot, as it seems to be happening to a lot of people.

Same thing here - will lose signal, but then seem incapable of picking it up again when back in area of signal.  Wife's VF iphone picks up full signal again immediately right next to mine.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your posts here.

So that we can look at this in more details and raise it to the required departments please can you let me know the following details?

Does this happen in all locations when signal is lost?

What postcode does this happen in?

What software are you running?

Do you have a Vodafone or an open market (unbranded) handset?

Does this happen if you change the network settings to WCDMA Only?

James

This also happens to me. I'll repost with the details as requested but I'd suggest this is wider that a few one offs and that the firmware mote than likely needs an update.

Does this happen if all locations when signal is lost?   yes, seems to happen whenever phone enters area of no signal - often does not reconnect, although sometimes does eventually.

What postcode does this happen in? Several, across the country

What software are you running?  VF Android 4 - latest release

Do you have a Vodafone or an open market (unbranded) handset?  VF

Does this happen if you change the network settings to WCDMA Only?  Don't know - not tried.  Is this the equivalent to telling the phone to only use 3G?  If so, battery life presumably will take a hit....

Does this happen if all locations when signal is lost? Does appear to be. It's now becomming more frequent.

What postcode does this happen in? I was in a large building in NN16 8TD, travelled back to NN7 4HE (a known good signal area) and the signal hasn't come back for hours.

What software are you running? Currently running Android 4.0.3, HTC Sense 4.0 Software Number 1.28.161.9

Do you have a Vodafone or an open market (unbranded) handset? It's a Vodafone handset

Does this happen if you change the network settings to WCDMA Only? Change it to WCDMA last night, after reading this thread, and it still happened today

This is quite frustrating having to reset the phone to get signal back, and that's when I notice the signal has been lost.