Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

HTC One X - Signal Drop Out and Not Regained

GaWill
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi

I have had a HTC One X for the past month, however this problem has been gradually getting worse.

Mainly in work but its also happened other places i can have a great signal and be on HSDPA or 3G, then i will move to somewhere such as the kitchen area in work and the signal will drop out. I will then return to my desk and put the phone in the exact place it was getting full signal and data connection but the Signal will not come back. I will get the No Signal message.

I have tried leaving the phone for over 30 mins but the signal doesnt come back and also looking for the network manually but it doesnt find it.

However, if i restart the phone the full signal and HSDPA/3G connection will come back.

Is this a fault with the phone or a strange network issue?

96 REPLIES 96

ME20 7LT

Hey mumyakmaz,

Many thanks for your postcode.

I've checked and 3G is served by site number 3055 though I can't seem to locate the site that's supposed to be serving 2G. I can, however see you're supposed to be receiving coverage on both frequencies at that address.

The site statistics for this site look great and there are no open cases at all.

So we can find the serving site for 2G and to do a live trace I've sent you a PM which can be accessed here. If you could follow the instructions in the PM and send us your details one of the team will be with you as soon as they can.

Cheers,

Lee

I can not see PM s.If I follow the link you have given it ends up :Sorry, you do not have sufficient privileges for that action.
Please click the Back button on your browser.

Hey mumyakmaz,

Thanks for letting me know.

We've just amended your privileges so if you click the link again you should be able to access my PM.

Cheers,

Lee

Getting the same problem with signal in different places sat here at home with no signal, missus payg Vodafone got full strength so can't be a network problem . Looking round other forums I think the problem is down to it being crap (knew I should of stuck with sony) so u can add me to the list

I've been having problems too.....since the first update, now done second update 1.29.161.13

1). Does the issue happen in just one location? no

2). Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone? don't know, haven't got another phone that takes micro sim ?!?

3). Can you check your coverage here? Please bear in mind that this is only a guideline and can never be 100% accurate, particularly for indoor coverage.

Done that, no previous problems with a HTC Desire Z at all or my One X straight out the box.

4). Can you check our Faults Board, which contains all the mast issues we’re aware of? Don't know....

5). Does this issue happen on 2G/3G or both? To check this, you can amend your phone's network settings. Our Help Centre contains all the instructions - just select your model of phone and then select "network".

Most of the time when the phone plays up it's also on wireless network, so can't tell.

6). What is the full postcode of where the issue occurs? If you’re uncomfortable with this appearing on the forum, then please add it to your profile by clicking “My eForum Settings” on the front page and then selecting “Personal Information”.

CB25 9 area so far....

7). How far you have to travel to regain service? nowhere, use airplane mode, then switch airplane off, signal comes back as it should without moving the phone at all.

8). Do you get any error messages/tones if you’re having problems with calling/texting?

Sometimes says can't send message even though it has 2 bar signal.

Retired-Dave
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi guys,

This issue has been raised for investigation based on the information provided, so we will let you know as soon as we hear anything.

Dave

Exactly the same problem here - got on a train from Bristol to Reading and wondered why I had no signal for the first hour I was here. Soft reset fixed the issue. In line with everyone else:

Does this happen in all locations when signal is lost? Yes

What postcode does this happen in? Travelled from BS1 to RG41 

What software are you running? 1.29.161.13

Do you have a Vodafone or an open market (unbranded) handset? Vodafone handset

Does this happen if you change the network settings to WCDMA Only? Yes

winders
4: Newbie
I'd like to add that I've been using another network's SIM card in my OneX (purchased via VF store) and I've had absolutely no signal issues whatsoever. Signal has been fantastic, no drop outs no variation and rapid data speeds. I've put my VF sim card in and its playing up again. I've also tried another VF SIM and the problem still exists.

I've just put a layer of tape on my sim card after that last post, lets see what happens ......:smileyfrustrated: