Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

HTC One X won't keep a signal

LianneWestwood
2: Seeker

Hi

I was recently offered a used HTC One X, and decided to upgrade from my Desire HD.  I have a new micro sim, and the phone was already unlocked so I was expecting it work right away, however two days in and the phone won't keep a network signal for more than a few minutes.  Restarting or reconnecting to the network sorts it for a few minutes and then it's lost again.

I never had this problem before, the phone used to work on T Mobile, and having done a quick search it looks like this is a bit of a recurring problem.

Does anyone have a fix?

Thanks

Lianne

6 REPLIES 6

hrym
17: Community Champion

Is this in just one location or everywhere?   Just trying to rule out a local network issue.  If you got the phone from Vodafone, you may still be within the cooling-off period and can reject it.  There have been some recent reports of replacements being couriered, but I don't know whether this is general policy or specific to the circumstances in question.  One poster reported this happening after a phone call, to I'd give 191 a try (assuming you've ruled out location issues).

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Also, how old is the SIM card?  If it is about a year old or more, it may be worth getting it exchanged as sometimes a new SIM card can sort out signal issues.

PWIAC

thesoupdragon

There could be a couple of issues here?

Do you know if the Phone was unlocked officially or was it done using a network hack?

Have you factory reset the Phone? That would be the first port of call for unstable software on a Phone.

During the setup process make sure you choose the correct account type, contract or pay as you go. That can make a big difference in the Phone connecting properly.

LianneWestwood

It's happening at home, work and when travelling (all in London), so not a local network issue.

The phone isn't from Vodafone (it's a no longer needed business phone my husband used to use) and the sim is brand new.

I'd like to try and resolve this issue, this phone is (otherwise) much better than my rather knackered Desire HD!

LianneWestwood

I've reset to factory settings - has made no difference, and it's correctly set to contract.

Not sure how it was unlocked, I think it may have already been unlocked when the hubby got it.

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi LianneWestwood,

Welcome to the eForum. :Smiling:

Do you know if the phone prompted for a software update at all after the reset? You can check for updates by going to:

• Settings
  • About
  • Software updates

If there's nothing due, I'd recommend getting your SIM swapped so we can rule out a fault with your new one. 

Cheers, Ben