Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

HTC one A9 - Nougat Update Software version

Vas
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Good morning.
I have an HTC One A9 from Vodafone UK (i use it in Greece now) with CID:VODAP001
Two (2) days ago i recieved the android 7.0 Nougat update with Software Number 2.16.161.5

So far so good. 

But Mr.Graham Wheeler-Product and Service Director-HTC EMEA, (TWITTER: @wheelergd) noted that officialy HTC never released 2.16 software, and europe got 2.17

He also said that phones with 2.16 software will NOT be able to update over the air to 2.17 version.
So what's happening? How did i got this software version, if its not released by HTC? Why vodafone choose to send 2.16 Over The Air update and not 2.17? 

Will my phone be able to get new software updates in the future? 

Many thanks for your time..

4 REPLIES 4

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

It's possible that the Vodafone version is differently numbered for some reason.  But hang on for the Tech Team here, who may be able to shed some light on this.

Hi, my phone Htc A9 has updated to 2.16.161.5, but after that it crashes and bootloop, could not load OS and no recovery mode, only download and bootloader modes. I need the RUU file to flash it via SD card, to repair my phone.
CID: VODAP102
MID: 2PQ910000

version-main: 2.16.161.5

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @xuser, so we can take a closer look at the phone to assist you further, please visit your nearest store where our advisers will be able to access the device, and arrange for a repair if needed.

Carly
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Vas

Please see our firmware statement for more information.

As the software update comes from the manufacturer, we're unable to add anything further to the statement above.