Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

HTC one mini 2

GeorgeAdrian
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi there

I  have recently bought a phone ( An htc one mini 2 ) and I can t seem to be able to connect it to a network operator. They've told me to wait 24 hours because it may take longer, I did, and yet no changes at all . "Your sim can't connect to that network " or something like that . What can I do ?

4 REPLIES 4

hrym
17: Community Champion

Two questions:

1) Who told you that - ie Vodafone, or a 3rd party?

2) Did you activate the SIM  - or are you using one that's previously worked in another phone?

Vodafone did , it is a new phone, recently bought from their store . The phone recognizes the sim , i mean if i remove it , i get an error that i have no sim , i put it back in , the phone sees it , but it just doesn t connect to a network. I'm not sure about activating it , but it is a new sim that they gave me . 

hrym

I'd try activating it.   It's possible to do it online, but I've always found that getting Live Chat to do it is the easiest and quickest way.  It's odd the shop didn't do it, or at least tell you it was necessary.  Did you get any documentataion that perhaps mentions it somewhere?  I'm assuming this is a Pay Monthly one, not Pay As You Go?

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi GeorgeAdrian,

Welcome to the eForum. :Smiling:

Has the advice hyrm supplied sorted this?

If you're activating a new monthly SIM, you can do this here. If it's a PAYG line, please call 17290 to activate your line. :Smiling:

Cheers,

Ben