Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

How do I Cancel the Weather and News Alterts on Lock Screen

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi all 

I seem to have activated the weather report and news alerts on lock screen, and can find how I did it.  Been through the settings many times now and cant see how I activated the changes or how to cancel.

How do I cancel the weather and news alerts on lock screen ?

Many thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

63johnw
Hi Ann, settings, security, lock screen options.

View solution in original position

14 REPLIES 14

63johnw
Hi Ann, settings, security, lock screen options.

jeffkinn

Took me a while to find out how to change the shortcuts on the lock screen but once you have the ones you want they are quite a good feature

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

AnnS

Thank you John.

1daniel
9: Established

I have disabled quite a few apps using the application manager to avoid accidentally using them. I know it isn't the precise answer to the query here but the problem you have/had here is part of what was going through my mind when I did that.

I have been trying to cancel News Alerts ever since I got my new phone on Fathers' Day and have been singularly unsuccessful.  I even sent an e-mail to which I have had no reply.  My £10 of credit has now gone and I had to add more to be able to go to 191 but that was a complete waste of time.  I fear my latest £5 has been eaten away rapidly having had around 8 41117 messages since I paid it.  Unless I get satisfaction shortly I shall change form Vodaphone.

hrym

Who did you send the email to?   Vodafone have no direct email address and contact is either via 191, LiveChat or this forum.

Where are these alerts appearing?   If they're similar to the ones earlier, there should be an option in Settings.  If you're receiving texts, you may be able to stop them by replying STOP.  However, there are some old Vodafone Live services that can;t be cancelled this way and the team here are the best people to help you.  Did you ever subscribe to one of these services (it was fairly easy to do it you weren't careful)?  There is also the small possibility that the number you were allocated had previously had a subscription that was never cancelled.

Edited to add: the forum team aim to reply to all posts within 48 hours, so please hang on.   I think this is one for them rather than Customer Services as it's a bit of a legacy issue.

It wasn't an e-mail. I filled in a box on screen.  As for 191 when I thought I was getting somewhere the phone went dead.

The alerts are appearing in the Inbox, all headed 41117.  I did read somewhere early on that replying STOP would cancel them but I have tried it a number of times with no luck.  I can find nothing of relevance in Settings but it may be my missunderstanding of some feature.

I presume I accidentally subscribed to the News Alert when familiarising myself with the new phone, a 108.  The previous one was a 1208 with no bells and whistles.  The number was transferred from that one.

Thank you for replying.  I still live in hope.

Quentin Mitchell

hrym

Ah, yes, SMS.   This is almost certainly a Vodafone Live thing.  It's cropped up before and the forum team should be able to get it stopped for you, so pleasse hang on - they aim to respond to all posts within 24 hours.  STOP won't work as the cancellation method was via the website which is, afaik, now defunct.

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Quentin,

So we can access your account, please click here to send us your details.

Thanks,

Gemma