Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

How to get change storage location in android vodafone smart ultra 7

jonesnewton
4: Newbie

Hi 

I recently reset my mobile to factory settings, but now I cannot access the change storage location for apps?

I previously had access to this and I now have set storage default to SD card?

My internal storage is nearly full and I will be stuck for space?

Any ideas?

TIA

5 REPLIES 5

jonesnewton
4: Newbie

Hi

Just thinking as I had an issue just before last reset with getting data off SD card I set it to type external after reset, meaning it can used anywhere, not just the mobile, could this be the issue?

hrym
17: Community Champion

I've just set up a new tablet and I do remember there being an option for default storage, but I can't remember where it was!   I'd start by looking under Storage and possibly Advanced, if that option is there.   It's also possible it's under Apps|Defaults.   However, not all devices have that option (odd that yours has disappeared after a factory reset rather than an OS update, though).

You can set the default location for photos in the camera app - it may offer you that when you open it, or even do it automatically.   Some apps that offer downloads (eg Amazon Music) have that option too.  Otherwise, you can always use the built-in file manager to move content (hint: don't use the move option unless you can easily replace the material, but copy and only delete when you're sure the new file is in place).

Hi 

I just found the reason for this, it is because after the last reset I set the SD card as External, so now I formatted it and set it as Internal and it now gives the option to move apps to SD card.

Thanks

Neil

hrym

I'm slightly surprised by this as the phone will now be treating the card as part of its total storage pool and I'd have assumed that it would use it automatically.  As far as I'm aware, you won't see the card as a separate entity, but I've never done this, so I have no experience of how it works.  Bear in mind that a card formatted as Adopted Storage (what I think you now have) will only work in the device it was formatted in.   If you get a new device, you won't be able to transfer the card and its contents, which may or may not be an issue for you.

My personal preference is to keep the card as external storage and use it for content such as photos, documents and music.  When I change my phone, I transfer the card and everything is in place.

It's also worth bearing in mind that cards can and do fail, so be sure to keep backups of anything you can't easily replace (this will mostly be photos and these can be sync'd with an online service such as Dropbox or Google Photos).

Hi, 

it is a little strange with this mobile since I have had it, but thought it was my lack of skills 🙂

I asked in several Vodafone shops and they did not have a clue, they only suggested to go to private shops and to be fair even they did not know..

I have now formatted it and it only has the SD card as default, this is how I have done it before after resets, but on the last reset I did want not to lose my data like previously so I tried to set it as external, but this caused the issues with being able to move apps within storage options. So now I have setup the SD card as internal and I can now manually move apps to free up the internal drive as it is only 8GB. I appreciate it can only now be used on this mobile as it is now encrypted, but at least I can now manage the SD card as I like regarding the apps..

Thanks again 🙂