cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

How to login in to separate My Vodafone accounts at the same time?

OldGrantonian
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I maintain 2 acounts for my grandchildren. They both have Vodafone Smart First 7.

I wanted to look at both accounts side-by-side.So I opened one account and logged in. I opened a second tab and opened My Vodafone from a bookmark. That launched an identical page to the first tab, already logged in to the first account.

That's fair enough. I think that's the way cookies work.

So, in the second tab, top right, I clicked Logout. I expected the page to revert to the login page, but it again presented the same contents as the first tab.

Again, maybe that's the cookies. I suspect the second tab actually logged out, then immediately the cookies forced the page to be identical to the first tab.

So, I closed the second tab. I intended to look at only one account at a time in the first tab.

I wanted to log out of the first account (which I had already looked at), and log in to the second account.

But now there was no Logout option at top right - only a Login option :Smiling:

I then deleted all cookies and closed the browser.

I relaunched the browser and My Vodafone from the bookmark. The login page was presented. So I can now log in to the second account.

Question 1: Does anyone know how to show both accounts in separate tabs?

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7

hrym
17: Community Champion

I don't think that's possible on the same computer due to the way cookies work - I don't think you'd be able to do it with any other site either, tbh.   It might be possible if you had two separate user profiles, but you'd have to switch between them and thus only be able to see one account at a time.  The only solutions I can think of are:

1. Use two devices.

2. Do screen grabs and then open the images side by side.

Hi hrym,

Thanks for your response.

>> I don't think that's possible on the same computer due to the way cookies work.......

That's OK. No harm in asking. I'll open one account at a time.

Thanks.

63johnw

Hi @OldGrantonian do you use Chrome browser? if so you could try opening one account using chrome, then open an incognito window and access the other.

hrym

That's an interesting thought, but don't incognito windows block cookies and wouldn't that stop the login?   However, you could use two different browsers; that would do it because they handle cookies individually.

Thanks to all responders.

I tried the 2-browser approach. That fails if the first browser is already logged in. The second browser simply shows a copy of the account in the first browser.

So my next test is to ensure that one browser is not logged in while I open the second brower, as follows.

Close all browsers. Open the first browser. Clear cookies.

Open a second browser. Navigate to login page, but don't login. (I use LastPass, so login details are populated. I don't use "auto-login", so I need to manually press a button.)

On the other browser. Navigate to login page, but don't login. LastPass populates the login details. Because it's the same domain, LastPass populates both pages with the same details.

Using LastPass, I manually change one of those pages to different login details. This is a 1-click operation.

Now each browser has a page with different login details populated, but not logged in.

Now log in on each browser in turn. All OK.

The process is actually easier to do than to describe, so if my description has errors please let me know.

Thanks for all help.

63johnw

@hrym wrote:

That's an interesting thought, but don't incognito windows block cookies and wouldn't that stop the login?   However, you could use two different browsers; that would do it because they handle cookies individually.

I dont think so @hrym its how I log in to 2 gmail accounts on the same browser.

If you havent tried the incognito mode @OldGrantonian it might be worth a try, its not quite the same as two browsers so may work.

SimonWilding
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Would it be possible to have one open in the My Vodafone app and the other via the VF website in a browser?

Samsung A52S 5G - SM-A528B/DS

Android Version - 12 One UI version 4.1

Last Update 19.4.22

Build- SP1A.210812.016/A528BXXS1CVD1

Baseband- A528BXXUiCVC4
Nova Launcher. Chrome browser.

My phone history (back to 1997!):

Huawei P30, P20, VF Smart V8, Note 4, S4, S2, Tocco Ultra, F490, P300, E250, RAZR v3, Timeport 250, A300, Star-Tac