Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Htc One M8 Cropping

Tink-GB
12: Established
Hi, can anyone with the same model of phone test cropping a screenshot and saving it..?

i took a screenshot, went to gallery, cropped the shot and saved it.
It was reported that it was saved in the gallery but i cannot find
it anywhere.

it works perfectly on a photo shot...

it may be just me but i need a comparison...

thanks
Tink.
5 REPLIES 5

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Tink,

I use this phone so I think I know what's happened. If you've cropped a picture that's in any other folder than the main gallery, the edited image will go to the main gallery.

So cropping a picture that's in your Snapchat or Instagram folder, will take the edit to the main gallery. :Winking_smiley:

Cheers, Ben

Tink-GB
Hi Ben,

Cheers m8 but i dont have any folders or albums called snapchat or instagram as i am using the default applications only, namely the screenshot facility of home and standby button, and the default gallery album ' screenshots'.

i think its something to do with file types but its deffo not working as it should as the help does not mention that cropping is file type dependent.

i have reset backnto factory and its still the same... gonna take 2 hours to get it back now to where it was.

Tha ks ahain but i am talking stock actions of KitKat and Sense 6.

Tink

thesoupdragon
17: Community Champion

I'm using HTC One M8.

I just cropped a Photo from the main Gallery App (app looks like an orange sunset) I used the edit tools from within the Gallery to Crop the Photo, once finished I had to click on "Done" bottom right of the screen. Then you click on "Save" top left of the screen. If you forget to hit Save and exit back to the gallery the new image wont be saved.

(Done that a few times myself... lol)

Tink-GB
Thanks TSD,

Could you try the same but on a screenshot taken of whatever your screen shows?
save the screenshot so you can see it in your Gallery first and then try to crop that image...? i would be most grateful. I do press the tick and save the image and even the system gives me a message saying that it was saved..

As said, photos taken with the camera crop fine. it also works for downloads, and attachments from emails, just not screenshots

I'm now thinking it may be a copyright thing and therefore deliberate, just not documented.

thesoupdragon
Hi Tink

The cropping works perfectly for a screenshot.
I captured the phones home screen and opened in the gallery, I then cropped it and it saved to the gallery as normal.

Do you have a micro sd card in the phone, is that set in the camera app to be the storage place for photos?