Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Huawei Free Watch and Charger Offer

foxprorawks
4: Newbie

Both my wife and I have upgraded to the new Huawei Mate 20 Pro handset.

We were told in-store that we would both be eligible for the pre-order gift of a Huawei GT Watch and Wireless Charger.

However, on applying for the gifts, Huawei have said that the offer is one gift per customer. As our Vodafone account is under my wife's name (with all three of our family's handsets paid for under that account), we can only apply for one watch and charger.

Why were we misled by the in-store staff?

7 REPLIES 7

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

You would need to revisit what you were advised in the store. 

If this was in written form you could raise a dispute in the store. 

If this was verbal then difficulties could arise as to proving what advise was given. 

Usually a freebie does have set criteria conditions and is one per account / customer and subject to availability. 

I wish you well with this situation. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

It was verbal, I'm afraid. Nothing in writing.

The sales assistant even said that as we were getting two, we could sell one.

@foxprorawks wrote:

It was verbal, I'm afraid. Nothing in writing.

The sales assistant even said that as we were getting two, we could sell one.

It's still worth raising this. 

Huawei have already confirmed what they can do so imo wont waiver the terms and Conditions so as your point of sale and I do was given by Vodafone then if this was my situation I'd take it up with the store. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I don't think this would work, unless Vodafone could supply me with a form showing that a preorder was made in my name in October.

The existing forms, for both phones, show my wife's name, because the Vodafone account is in her name.

AnnS

Hi @foxprorawks

In all fairness to the store they would not have known Huawei's Terms and Conditions and when you submitted the claim, you would have been sent a copy of the Terms for agreement.

It does seem quite unfair of Huawei, they will do all they can to avoid the claim.  Two qualifying products should mean two claims.

AnnS

Hi @foxprorawks

This is confusing.  Looking at the Huawei Terms and Conditions here: https://huaweipromo.co.uk/gb/en/pages/mate20propreorder/terms, it mentions one  claim per participant and the offer is with a qualifying product.

As this is an offer made by Huawei, you need to take it up with them and raise a complaint, you have purchased two qualifying products and should be able to claim the charger and watch.

I've already taken it up with Huawei, and they submitted an exception request.

Unfortunately, the request was rejected. In this case, I guess the participant is the person who's name the account is in. I doubt you can have a Vodafone account in more than one name.

However, Vodafone didn't make this clear when we pre-ordered, and led us to believe that we would both get a watch and charger.

Huawei said this:

Thank you for patience.

According to the promotional terms and conditions "Only one claim per Participant is permitted, unless you are a Business Customer whereby you can make up to 10 claims. Only one claim per Qualifying Product is permitted. This Promotion cannot be used in conjunction with any other Huawei promotion."

It is regret we have to inform you that unfortunately the exception request has not been accepted and we will not be able to assist your further.