Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Huawei Mate 20 Pro - Emui 10?

shempz
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Just wondering if this has actually been rolled out yet? I've read in numerous places that it was being rolled out in the UK, Ireland, Netherlands and Germany from December, but my phone does not show there being any updates (I'm on 9.1.0.358)

7 REPLIES 7

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @shempz 

Please see this link: Vodafone Firmware 

Thanks, I am aware of that less than useless page - unfortunately it doesn't actually answer anything.

I'm not asking what date in the future Vodafone might release a firmware update - as lets face it, network providers rarely give any decent warning about when it will be released.

My question is more a case of - have other people with a Mate 20 Pro on Vodafone recieve dthe update yet, and if so, when? If it has been released officially by Vodafone in December (which according to reports it has)  I'm wondering why 2 months later I've still not received the update - so if I should have received it, I will then get it touch with Vodafone directly to find out why I haven't.

BandOfBrothers

Hi @shempz 

Have you perhaps performed a Google Search and or a search on this forum as you may receive some hits with information in either from fellow owners or Tech Blogs.

I appreciate waiting for new software can be challenging which for me is one of the reasons I buy my phones direct from Samsung as then the networks have no direct control.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Huawei p20 pro user here. on 9.1.0.380 and wondering when vodafone can update? This is not a contract phone, i bought it in Switzerland, so on SIM only contract. Frustrating that the rest of the world seem to have updated!

Unfortunately as you didn't buy it direct from Vodafone UK, they have no responsibility for providing Firmware updates. Your query would be better directed at Huawei Switzerland, or the original retailer.

Vodafone UK can only provide firmware updates for devices bought direct from them.

stonefences
10: Established
10: Established

Hi @shempz ,

like you, I've was waiting for the EMUI 10 update for my Vodafone supplied P30 Pro.

I could see that it had (in theory) been released, but the Firmware checker in Phone Settings said there was no upgrade available.

However, as soon as I checked it using the HiCare App using Mobile Data and not WiFi, it suddenly appeared as available! A little too much of a coincidence, I think. Have you tried checking the Firmware that way?

It IS a big download (4.5GB), so as soon as you see it's available, switch WiFi back on

Hope this helps!

Thanks - when trying via the HiCare method, I'd only used previously tried with wifi - will swith to 4G now and keeps my fingers crossed.