Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Huawei Mate 20 Pro - Vodafone Trade In Online

HapticBuzzer
2: Seeker

Given the recent coverage of Huawei and their plight under the ridiculous Trump order I decided to see how much my phone is worth on the Vodafone Online Trade In............ A big fat £0 that's what!  I am appalled as Vodafone want me to pay £470 to upgrade my contract early or wait until Aug 2020 for the pleasure of doing it free.  I haven't checked other companies offering a trade in but I think it is quite poor of Vodafone to not allow customers to do a free upgrade.  Under the Trump order come August our phones won't be able to benefit from the latest Android OS and possibly other updates.  Whilst this is not a Vodafone issue I think as a Telecoms company they should offer their customer base the option to upgrade free or for a very small fee.  I may think twice renewing with Vodafone if they don't offer a good will gesture soon.

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

It's more of a Trade argument going off with America and China by the looks of it

Huawei phones will still get security updates albeit maybe a bit slower than usual.

Yes its possible the current Huawei phones won't get Android Q.

The new Huawei phones may not have YouTube and gmail and a few others on them as they require a licence from Google.

And they'll possibly have open source android / Huawei's own Os on them.

Or things will change again and things will revert to how they were - maybe !

You could sell the phone privately and use the funds to help purchase a different phone @HapticBuzzer 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Topcaan

Me and my partner are in the same Boat. I have been questioning vodaphone about this since Feb 2019. 

Can't wait for our contracts are up!! We are off!! Been with them for 26 years!! No more!!