Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Huawei P Smart 2019

Johnners203
1: Seeker

How good is this mobile - I'm thinking of changing from iPhone?

Does Huawei Pay work at most stores?

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

@Johnners203 

One of the pieces of advice I give when someone is asking about investing in a new phone is to visit a Highstreet Store with a working retail model on display to get a feel for how it feels and how the Ui is etc.

Then there's the reviews via techradar.com/uk/reviews/huawei-p-smart-2019 {other reviews are available} and specs sheets such as on gsmarena ,and via Vodafone themselves on Vodafone.co.uk/compare/huawei/p-smart-2019-vs-p30/

From the reviews the phone your looking at is a mid range phone so it may not have the features and or build quality of a flagship phone.

Do take note of the recent news in regards to what's happening with Huawei as it's important to future proof the purchase such as continued use of certain apps and how android is updated and security Patches. Screenshot_20190530-051819_Twitter.jpg

Some people are invested into the Apple eco-system such as how their iPhone sync's with other Apple devices and they use Facetime and iMessage alot.

If you do change to Huawei then remember to de register from iMessage or you could face issues sending text messages.

Apple.com/deregister-imessage.

Huawei Pay should work on most of the shop payment points but like Google Pay and Apple Pay can be occasionally hit and miss.

Payment points displaying this icon should be fine. 

Screenshot_20190530-050622_Samsung Internet.jpg

huawei.com/en/mobileservices/huawei-wallet.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Until this mess with Huawei and the US is sorted, I would avoid buying a Huawei device, Whatever Vodafone or anyone trying to spin the public statements says, it's not a good situation and why would you buy a phone with this uncertainty over its future.