main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Android

Huawei P20 Bose Headphone offer - anyone else been refused as a 'business' ?!

Steve928
4: Newbie

I went through the same issues as a few other posters about getting the appropriate validation from Vodafone of my purchase of an Huawei P20, but it finally arrived and I submitted the claim. I have just had the claim rejected on the basis that I am a business, and have been referred to the T&Cs.

Of course, these T&Cs were not available when I purchased the phone, and nothing was mentioned about not being eligible in my many conversations with Vodafone when I transferred my business account to them from CPW, SPECIFICALLY TO PURCHASE THIS PHONE AND BENEFIT FROM THIS PROMOTION!  In fact, the promotion appeared within the 'Business' section of the Vodafone Web site.  However, to be 100% sure, I clarified with one of the operators that this offer was available to me on the monthly premier business plan I had selected, and I was told 'yes'.

There are only two of us in the 'business', and it would have been the simplest thing to change my contract to a personal one had I been told.

So - anyone else been misled? I have already emailed Huawei and will be pursuing with Vodafone tomorrow when their customer support is open.

View more options
5 REPLIES 5
Mark

I'm sorry for the confusion regarding this offer @Steve928. Did our Business team get this sorted when you spoke to them yesterday?

View more options
Steve928
4: Newbie

Thanks for the response Mark.

I didn't get to speak to them yesterday as I'm debating how I should approach this.

This isn't something that can really be sorted out during a telephone call, and I also need to be speaking to the right person.  To properly consider my complaint it will need Vodafone to check on previous recorded calls I've had with them, and also look at appropriate Web site pages to verify that what I have said about links to T&Cs is correct.  With that in mind, I'm wondering whether an email may be a more appropriate means of communication.

Any thoughts?

View more options
Gemma
16: Advanced member

@Steve928 - I’m sorry that the offer isn’t available for your account. We can take a look into this for you.  Please send us your details by following the steps in this private message.

View more options
fmulleady
2: Seeker

Not as a business but I had the claim refused at the beginning because Vodafone don't provide any itemisation of the phone in the pre-order email for online orders, just an SBL prefix order #. They assured me when I was getting my contract that getting the offer would be a 'simple process'. I can assure you it isn't and Vodafone customer service were clueless and no help with Huawei at all. Huawei require both very specific pre-order proof and purchase and receipt of items proof! It takes up to 5 working days to get a proof of purchase from Vodafone via an online form and they wouldn't expedite it for me despite only being given 7 calendar days to provide the requested futher evidence. I finally got one printed at a Vodafone store and sent a copy of my P20 Pro box with the label showing the IMEI & S/N. Crazy!

The contract company handling the Hawei offer even admitted that Vodafone customers have had a lot of issues making the claim. Even a proof of purchase isn't enough because you need to provide specific evidence of ordering the P20 Pro within the pre-order qualifying period and Vodafone's communications do not help at all.

I'm sorry to hear abour your case. I remember seeing it on the business page for the P20 too. Easy to say screenshot it in retrospect but you wouldn't expect to be so misled. I would muster any evidence you have and file a case in the small claims court if Vodafone don't resolve this and compensate you. All the best and I hope you get sorted! This is not a good reflection on Vodafone at all.

View more options
fmulleady
2: Seeker

With due respect Gemma,  the customer already explained that he was led to believe the offer was avaiable for his account. That needs further investigation rather than just citing the 'terms and conditions' line!

It took me an entire working day to resolve my claim and I was lucky to be a personal customer. I remember seeing the Bose offer on the business page too with VAT excluded monthly contract prices.

View more options