cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Huawei P20 Pro dual sim - how to get wi-fi calling to work?

cdl
4: Newbie

The Huawei P20 Pro is among the devices that should be compatible with wi-fi calling, even if not bought directly from Vodafone: https://www.vodafone.co.uk/network/calling-features/wi-fi-calling

However, I have an unlocked CLT-L29 dual sim version, and it is not. I enabled wi-fi calling from the settings in the Vodafone website, but no option for wi-fi calling appears. The software is up to date, not rooted, no custom ROM, and I bought the phone from the online store Clove in the UK.

I have tried with an EE sim, and that works with wi-fi calling: the option appears in dialler -> settings -> sim -> wi-fi calling. So the phone itself is perfectly capable of wifi calling - the issue is Vodafone.

Is there any way to get wi-fi calling to work? I wouldn't mind buying the phone from Vodafone but AFAIK Vodafone does not sell the dual-sim version, which I need to keep both my private and work SIMs in the same phone.

Below the screenshots of my phone and software versions.

Thanks!

Screenshot p20 pro 2.jpgScreenshot p20 pro 1.jpg

8 REPLIES 8

cdl
4: Newbie

I had posted two messages about issues with wi-fi calling, and they have both been deleted because they were incorrectly classified as spam. I am hoping that Vodafone does not censor its board so much that any mention of something that doesn't work is forbidden, so how can I contact the moderators about it?

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Android/Huawei-P20-pro-dual-sim-CLT-L29-how-to-get-wi-fi-calling-to-...

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @cdl

If your post was tagged as spam then you wouldn't be able to see the posts as the act of marking a message as Spam will move it to archieve. 

Some pictures that a new member adds will not show until a moderator passes it to help stop unwanted or inappropriate material being posted. 

The Vodafone Social Media Teams here will see this post and look into this for you I'm sure. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I cannot see the message from the forum, but I noticed it was marked as spam when I refreshed the page of my post, which is the address I linked. If you click on that link you should see it, too. It doesn't say anything like "pending moderation" or "pending approval", it says "marked as spam". I can only suppose it was a mistake of some kind of automated filtering used by Vodafone

BandOfBrothers

I opened your forum link before responding to your original post and again just now and I cannot see anything about Spam. 

I can see that your two uploaded pictures need approval by the team however. 

I'm sure the team will take a look for you @cdl 

Current Phone  >

hrym

I can also see your message via the link, although there's only one.   If you posted twice, it's possible the duplicate has been archived, but that's all.   Weirdly, though, I can't see the thread in your user profice or on the board list.

BandOfBrothers

It sounds to me that a carrier update should arrive to add the option in the phone. 

To answer your other question the phone supplied by the network is single sim only. 

Current Phone  >

Adam
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @cdl we're more than happy to help with your query regarding Wi-Fi Calling. Please send us your details by following the private message I've sent you. 

Wi-fi calling now works. I had activated it on the web, from my setting accessing the Vodafone website - nothing.

I tried via the Vodafone Android app - disabling and re-enabling it; nothing.

Finally, I tried by chatting to the customer care via the chat on the Vodafone website; they enabled it on their end, and this time it works. Third time lucky!