Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Huawei P20 Pro fingerprint issues

bhall
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

My fingerprint pad has stopped working, and 5he fingerprint settings have disappeared from the security/setting page. Anyone else had problems

7 REPLIES 7

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

That's not good @bhall

Try a soft reboot by turning the phone off and on. 

If no joy then back up and factory reset. 

If no joy then a Vodafone store can take a look if Vodafone it. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Tried those options, sadly Vodafone have their head in the sand as usual

BandOfBrothers

So what have Vodafone advised ?

Have you considered trying Huawei customer services or even a dedicated forum that may exist for fellow owners. 

Current Phone  >

Vodafone have advised that I get it sent away........up to 4 times!!!!!!!

I have spoken to Huawei customer services, they got me to do various things, including a factory reset, didn’t work. This issue is a ‘known’ issue apparently, but there doesn’t seem to be a successful fix.

just being robbed off constantly by Vodafone, phone is less than 2 months old, should just be replaced and they can deal with Huawei.

BandOfBrothers

I understand your frustration with this and can't blame you however once past the 30 days of ownership point you have to give the seller ie Vodafone the opportunity to try and fix it once. 

If it is a known software issue then both Huawei and Vodafone will be working on a bug fix to push out I assume. 

Current Phone  >

hrym

If it's a known issue, getting it fixed might only provide a temporary solution.  At this stage, as @BandOfBrothers says, it's probably best to wait for a software fix.

No software fix will ever come for this. It's a hardware issue. Vodafone does have their head in the sand but my wife and I have shown that if you persevere you can pull it out of the sand. Yes we had the 'send it to Huawei' spiel. We had the repair centre quote 189 quid for it to be fixed. Uxbridge store sent it to them for an under warranty repair. Condition of the phone was noted by them as "as new", not a scratch or any damage on it. This is because my wife had the phone in one of those two part all enveloping case and screen protector combos from day one. It is within its 2 year contract period with Vodafone. Been a long story of ringing 191 and then complaints option because that seems to be the only way to avoid speaking to Toby the 🤖. Anyway they said nobody in Uxbridge store was answering the phone. Uxbridge store said to us they do not have a phone number. So one of them is lying. We had vodafone call centre (Omar from India supposedly) asking us "have you ever worked in a call centre?" Uxbridge store says they have an Egypt call centre but none in India. So someone again lying here.

Mohammad in complaints promised to call me but didn't. Then as we sat again in Uxbridge store they got him on the line and he said he didnt call as he had a car accident. Anyway finally Vodafone have said that uxbridge store should send the phone back to repair centre. We should then say we accept the 189 charge and vodafone will credit my wife's account with the same. Meanwhile they gave my wife a ##~## vodafone own make phone while her one is being repaired. End of story so far....