Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Huawei P20 Pro

jdarch2
2: Seeker

Hi, I am having problems with my Huawei P20 Pro, every time it does a system update it loses the digital dual clock and weather on my home screen. It takes me forever to figure out how to put it back on, usually by accident.

Does anyone have an easy step by step guide how to do this as the manual doesn’t?

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8

63johnw
17: Community Champion

Hi @jdarch2 not used an android for a while but it used to be a case of going to your home page then either long press on a blank area or pinch with two fingers. You would then be given a series of options one being widgets. Look for the ones you want (some may be in a sub menu of a topic eg clocks) then long press or drag and drop into the home screen. 

Hi, thanks but I tried that with no joy 😪

SimonWilding
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi, I've got a P20, not a Pro, but for me this works

- long press home screen

- choose widgets

- choose clock

- choose settings

- select digital from clock style options

- go into date and time and choose dual clocks.

I assume the weather is a separate widget which you can find starting with step 1 above.

Hope that helps

Samsung A52S 5G - SM-A528B/DS

Android Version - 12 One UI version 4.1

Last Update 19.4.22

Build- SP1A.210812.016/A528BXXS1CVD1

Baseband- A528BXXUiCVC4
Nova Launcher. Chrome browser.

My phone history (back to 1997!):

Huawei P30, P20, VF Smart V8, Note 4, S4, S2, Tocco Ultra, F490, P300, E250, RAZR v3, Timeport 250, A300, Star-Tac 

Exactly! This is what I do with my pro and it works everytime. I think you are not looking in the right direction.

Well if I am doing domsometh wrong then it would be useful to know what it is. Here are my settings -

In general clock settings I have set British / Rome times

Within date/time settings, the following are set -

Auto date /time

Auto time zone

24 hour time

Dual clocks

Home city is set

Within Widgets on home screen I have 3 clock options - clock 2x2 / digital / dual clocks ( clock faces which take over the screen)

I have tried various combinations but none seem to give me the digital viewing for dual clocks 😪

hrym

Assuming the dual clock widget is still available, it'll be with all the others - access as described above.

It's odd that it's disappearing from the homescreen - I've never lost widgets after a system update - unless Huawei have withdrawn it for some reason (and that would be why you can find it to put it back).

Hi all

I emailed Huawei about this, and got the following response

In response to your email, we inform you that dual digital clocks can only be added on the lock screen, on the unlocked screen you can only add the dual clock widget but only analog.

lilou2093

Some of these things are specific features to other phones. Phone ringing louder in a pocket for example, is usually HTC phones or maybe Samsung, Vibration Intensity usually Samsung, although it never allows you to go higher as Samsungs are already set to highest setting. 8 Ball Pool
Notifications are per app, so the default tone is only for apps where you cannot set a tone.
So for messaging apps, or gmail, you change those tones inside the apps, or under apps in the main settings. Much like iphone, the settings are for each app. Google Hangouts
I would switch to gboard, it's much better than swiftkey.

Omegle