Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Huawei P30 Pro - wifi calling

chistery
16: Advanced member

Has anyone who has this phone got wifi calling working? I tried most things to get it to work and can't.

Before anyone points me to the website and says it's not there, the Vodafone social media team tell me it should work and the web site hasn't been updated.

25 REPLIES 25

Agp48
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have it working but it has to be activated by Vodafone. You have to either turn in on in the my Vodafone app or call them. It took a couple of hours after turning it on to work. 

chistery

Thanks for confirming. I have tried all that, but still doesn't work. I bought it SIM free, but that shouldn't make a difference. Wifi calling worked on the SIM in my OnePlus 6.

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@chistery - I'm double checking this with the Project Manager. As soon as I’ve an update, one of us will be back in touch. ☺️

chistery

Thanks Gemma. I will look forward to the update.

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@chistery  - You’re welcome!  I’ll let you know when I’ve heard back from them. ☺️

Adam
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @chistery we've had an update from our back end guys and they've advised that Wi-Fi Calling is available on the P30 Pro :Thumbs_Up:

chistery

Thanks Adam. I've tried everything I can, been on live chat, they've had a go, still nothing. I'll see if the next software update helps, whenever that is I guess.

chistery

After quite a few calls and live chats, I've found someone who knew what to send to update my phone, and I can now enable it and it works.

What is annoying is how it sends a notification that it's available, instead of just displaying the network like EE and BT Mobile do. Any reason Vodafone on a Huawei seems to do this? I see there's another thread about these notifications on a P20.

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm glad to hear this has been sorted for you @chistery. Is there an option to silence these notifications in your settings?