Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Huawei P30 Pro - wifi calling

chistery
16: Advanced member

Has anyone who has this phone got wifi calling working? I tried most things to get it to work and can't.

Before anyone points me to the website and says it's not there, the Vodafone social media team tell me it should work and the web site hasn't been updated.

25 REPLIES 25

chistery

Hi Mark,

I can't see how, unless I silence the phone. I don't understand why Vodafone wifi calling is doing this, and I see it's the same with the P20 too. Why not just display the network name as it does on every other phone I've used wifi calling on? Is it regarded as a bug, or on purpose? BT Mobile is working as I'd expect it to, so it's clear Vodafone have done something.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@chistery I've asked the question to our Product Manager - I'll let you know what they come back with :Smiling:

Afflospark
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello,

As I read you want to know that Huawei P30 has an option of wifi calling or not.

So I use this mobile and I also do wifi calling with it.  I think there is an issue with your sim card provider.

Do you know this service activate by Vodafone on your sim card?

If not then you have to turn it on via Vodafone app or via contact them.

Next few hours of contact you see your wifi service will be enabled by them.

Hope this will help you.

Thanks

chistery

Thanks Natasha.

Afflospark. I have wifi calling working now, but it is displaying a notification saying it's available, and makes a sound every time you unlock the phone. How does it show up on yours?

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@chistery I've had an update for this - the dedicated team have said that this sounds like it may be a bug. So I can get this escalated for you, please follow the details that I've sent in the private message you should receive shortly.

chistery

Thanks Natasha. #20755355 raised.

Loz
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Thanks for confirming your unique reference back to us @chistery 🙂 I can see @Tash has been in touch with you and is helping to get your query resolved.

Hi I'm having the same issue with my WiFi calling on Huawei P30 pro and online chat and complaints department have no solutions I have followed the process numerous times with no luck. Please help. 

hooker1uk
14: Advanced member
14: Advanced member

Here's how I fixed it with my p20 lite

Go into the my Vodafone app or the my Vodafone portal online. 

There's an option for extras and WiFi calling is in there turn it off if activated. 

Shut the device off and re activate WiFi calling. 

Power the phone back on and should be there. If not you'll need the web team to look into it for you

Paul - Blogger at imwellconfused.me.uk @hooker1uk 

Current devices: Nokia e7-00, Smart ultra 7 - archos xenon 96 

Disclosure! I review devices, products and services in partnership with Vodafone UK on imwellconfused uk. Anything I post here is not affiliated or endorsed by Vodafone UK. 

chistery

Which problem are you helping fix, hooker1uk?

The issue we now have is that the phone makes a notification sound every time you unlock the phone when WiFi calling is activated.