Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Huawei P30 Pro - wifi calling

chistery
16: Advanced member

Has anyone who has this phone got wifi calling working? I tried most things to get it to work and can't.

Before anyone points me to the website and says it's not there, the Vodafone social media team tell me it should work and the web site hasn't been updated.

25 REPLIES 25

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @chistery I can see you've not posted on this thread for a while. Did @Tash get your WiFi calling issue sorted, or do you still need us to look into this for you?

chistery

Hi Mark, well I gave up with it really. I still have the same issue.

It's clearly not the design of the phone as EE and BT Mobile work as expected, only Vodafone seem to have this issue, and it's been there since the P20 at least.

Luckily where I live my phone rarely uses wifi calling. I noticed when I was in Manchester it was failing back to it a lot, and the constant notifications were annoying.  

It would be nice to get it fixed, but it's not really clear if Vofafone are even acknowledging it's a problem and they are working with Huawei to fix it.

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry we didn't get this sorted before for you @chistery, I've taken a look on the manufacturers forum and the below steps have worked for a number of people posting there:

Settings > Apps > More > Show system processes > Phone > notifications  > wi-fi calling and disable all the options (display in status bar, etc.)

If this doesn't resolve your issue, there are a number of 3rd party apps that can help screen and disable unwanted notifications. You'll be able to find and install these through the Google Play store.

chistery

Hi Mark,

I appreciate your response, but this is a workaround, not a fix. I have tried to hide the notifications and couldn't get it to work.

Vodafone should be trying to resolve this, it's been raised for quite some time, but they appear to be showing no interest in it. 

Why has every other network seem to have got this right, but Vodafone haven't?

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue has been escalated to our tech team @chistery, this will be looked into and any fixes will be included in our future software updates. The advice I was offering was as you say a workaround to help until we get this sorted. I'm sorry for any confusion.

chistery

Still happening on the latest .185 software, so I assume Vodafone haven't even looked at it.

Is there a Vodafone bug ID or case number for it?