Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Huawei mate 20 Pro Green screen issue

Andypandy88
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi there ,

I've picked up a Huawei Mate 20 Pro (on contract) a about a week ago and about two days ago I started noticing the green tint showing on the edges of the screen.

I've quickly learned that's an issue effecting some Mate 20 Pro's.

Whats the best way to deal with it? ?

Shall I go back to the store?? 

67 REPLIES 67

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Yes I would.  

Vodafone give 30 days cooling off period to swap it out. 

How to return a product.

The same store would swap it out depending on stock. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Today I went back to Vodafone store and explained the issue and i was given new phone right away.

When I came back home I carried out little checks and it turnes out that my replacement phone has the same issue 😔  although is less visible it is still there and my first mate 20 Pro initially wasn't showing the green tint or maybe I didn't notice it at first.

I'm not sure what to do now 😕

Unbelievable!! Just called vodafone's 191 spoke to some advisor who put me on hold while he talked to the tech team then when he got back to me he said " the tech team said there's no such issue with the phone" unbelievable denial !!

I'm disgusted with Vodafone's approach to this!

Definitely going back to store cancelling the order !

Simply disgusting! 

hrym

Did they say there's definitely known issue, or that they didn't know of one.   With these being new devices, a pattern may not yet have become established.  The other possibility is that they advisor couldn't get through and made up an answer.   That shouldn't happen, but it's not unknown, sadly.

Hang on for the forum team, who'll be able to contact you privately and take the details.   As long as you can register the problem, any time limits shouldn't apply and they can go away and do some research.   It's possible there's an issue with a particular batch and that Vodafone have some of that.

BandOfBrothers

Similar things happened with one of the pixel phones where from an angle I think a blue tiint could be seen or something similar to that. 

I agree take it back and maybe see if a 3rd is ok and if not then cancel or choose another phone. 

Simple to say as I assume you were drawn to that phone model.  :Sad_face:

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I forgot to mention that Mate 20 Pro is pretty great phone but sadly I'm one of the unlucky people who bought the effected device.

Both of my phones had a sticker on the back  with address of Huawei in The Netherlands, not sure how that works.

I have reached out to Huawei themselves on twitter and currently awaiting for a phone call from Huawei's service expert to call me.

I would've expected that Vodafone would do some investigation because this issue is happening in UK and worldwide (I don't believe I'm the only Vodafone customer who found themselves in same position as me) and if you Google it...well you won't be short of results!!

The screen issue that seems to be surrounding these devices appear to originate from the screen that has been used. There seems to be two different types of screens, BOE or LG. LG seems to be the effected screen of the two. You can check your own screen by downloading certain apps that gather this information. Device Info HW, is a good one.