Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Huawei mate 20 Pro Green screen issue

Andypandy88
2: Seeker

Hi there ,

I've picked up a Huawei Mate 20 Pro (on contract) a about a week ago and about two days ago I started noticing the green tint showing on the edges of the screen.

I've quickly learned that's an issue effecting some Mate 20 Pro's.

Whats the best way to deal with it? ?

Shall I go back to the store?? 

67 REPLIES 67

The reset has definitely not fixed the issue. VF Repair centre, and the store (upon return) both said they could not see anything wrong with the phone. 

I've attached a photo of the screen. And I've now submitted a complaint and requested a replacement with a BOE screeen. 

Loz
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@DBMCUK1236 I'm sorry you've been having issues with the screen of your phone, I understand how unsatisfying this must be. It's disappointing to hear our Repair Centre were unable to find any faults of the problem you're experiencing and it's a shame this has resulted in you raising a complaint.

Please keep us updated with your replacement request and if there's anything else we're able to help you with in the meantime, don't hesitate to pop us a message. 

The phone is heading back to repair centre. The green screen is intermittent and only in certain light and backgrounds. Let's see what the outcome is this time .

Loz
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue with your screen @DBMCUK1236, I know how frustrating this can be for you. I'm pleased to know your phone is being sent back to our repair centre, I hope this gets sorted for you. Please keep us updated with how you get on.

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

@Beastie wrote:

........... and if you DO take it up with Huawei then your Vodafone warranty is made null and void. Something very wrong is happening here. I think it is time someone took this up with Trading Standards.

This has been quoted before.   I asked and there doesn't seem to be a policy in place to that end.   You would need to make sure that the correct IMEI is registered to your account, I would think, but Customer Services should be able to help with that.

I would atleast expect a press release (or warning on purchase) by Vodafone stating that there are issues with a particular batch. It is going to really effect the re-sale price of the phone to those customers who a. Think the green bleed is normal . b. Don't read up on these things c. Are stuck in the contract as the 30 day grace period is up. Also compensate those who have had such hassle getting a phone that actually works.

As a loyal customer of 12 years I find this all rather shocking.

At the very least.

I have just got off the phone from Vodaphone Customer Services, I explained the green bleed issues (mine has it - it's an LG screen) and they have agreed a straight swop in next week (Twilight Blue currently not in stock at my local branch) Maybe you should try asking another member of their staff ..... or go to complaints? Remember, if you have had it less than 30 days then it's contractually nothing they can argue about, but they may try.  Good luck!

selmaquuen

@Andypandy88 wrote:

Hi there ,

I've picked up a Huawei Mate 20 Pro (on contract) a about a week ago and about two days ago I started noticing the green tint showing on the edges of the screen.

I've quickly learned that's an issue effecting some Mate 20 Pro's.

Whats the best way to deal with it? ?

Shall I go back to the store?? 

if its glue, its a manufacture faulty batch (lets hope). This even happened years ago with Samsung phones due to poor QA (and for Samsung that's huge).
While highly unlikely, if you happen to find its software related or to do with w/display driver, post it in the EMUI/software problem/fault thread so you can let others know. Also, be sure to get in touch with Huawei and keep us posted on your results. downloader.vip/vpn/
EDIT 1/11: From what I can read on the first 30-40 pages its moistly screens with LG and not BOE. Its in multiple regions, so let's way a few more weeks and see if the newer BOE batches or wave 2 of the shipments fixes the issue never buying a Huawei phone ever again! Thank God I canceled my pre-order as I have many friends here that bought this phone and have the same issues with the screen here in Dubaipnrstatus.vip

textnow.vip 
What's worse is that all those reviews on YouTube make it sound like the best thing ever made since sliced bread but no one talks about these little things like screen issues or OS bugs that we're seeing.