Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Huawei mate 20 Pro Green screen issue

Andypandy88
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi there ,

I've picked up a Huawei Mate 20 Pro (on contract) a about a week ago and about two days ago I started noticing the green tint showing on the edges of the screen.

I've quickly learned that's an issue effecting some Mate 20 Pro's.

Whats the best way to deal with it? ?

Shall I go back to the store?? 

67 REPLIES 67

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

I’m sorry to hear the screen issue you’re all facing!

@Beastie - I’m glad to hear a replacement is on its way to you!

@apford - It’s not good to hear you’ve incurred these charges. We can take a look at them and also the Broadband speeds you’re getting. Please send us your details by following the instructions in this private message.

@Liam6200 - Please get in touch with us, by following the steps in this private message. We can then check your account and contact the store on your behalf if needed.

Hi Gemma

Well my third Mate 20 Pro arrived thia afternoon via DPD delivery, I've checked and it is (atlast!!) a BOE screen and not an LG screen so hopefully no green screen bleed issues to follow BUT .......... it's got a noticeable scratch on the front screen, straight out of the box !! It's not broken, but you can feel + see the scratch. I am slowly losing the will to live, why is it not possible to get a phone that A. Works B. Is in good condition?

191 complaints (they must be getting bored with me) say I have to take the phone in to my local store to get a replacement and can't sort a straight swap over the phone. More hassle, more time wasted, more of a VERY unhappy loyal customer of 12 yrs.

So far I have wasted two days waiting in for delivery, hours on the phone to 191 complaints AND a load of stress. One VERY unhappy customer.

Vodafone support sends me a private message with 3 convoluted steps to process a support ticket. The refference code I get sent doesn't work so I am unable to log a "support ticket".

How hard is it to pick up the phone and call me. You literally have my number.

Replied to @Gemma the code does not work. After all of this why should I be spending even more time to follow your awful processes that then don't work. 

Be god at your job Vodafone. Literally pick up the phone to every person on this thread get your sh!t together and resolve this. 

It is amazing that a company that deal in communication are so utterly useless at it. Having spent hours trying to get through to Vodafone and then talking to complaints (one phonecall lasted 52mins) I have found it truly appalling how they treat their customers. They won't even accept / send emails, everything designed to create 'plausible deniability' if things go wrong. I am amazed they haven't deleted this thread - that's no problem for me as I have screen-shot everything..... but no doubt they will. Watchdog / Trading Standards etc are going to love this... I won't bother contacting their ombudsman though, apparently they also are useless.

How has this company managed to survive for so long?

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Beastie - I’m disappointed to hear it’s scratched. We’ll need to access your account. Please send us your details by following the instructions in this private message.

@apford - I’m sorry you were unable to email us via the link from me. I’ve sent you another private message.
Please follow the steps and enter the code in capitals.

So I have recieved my 5th phone and this is a BOE screen not LG now and I have had it for a week and so far looks OK. I will give it another week and then look to explore compensation back from Vodafone and the shipping charges they have made on my account. 

I will let you all know if/what compensation they offer but I am half expecting a £20 Vodafone voucher if anything at all.

The access code that I received does not work, I have supplied to you (by private message)  my telephone number and also my full name. I suggest it would probably be advisable for your manager to contact me without delay. I am available after 3pm on 13/12/2018.

Hello,

I am having the same green screen issue in my huawei mate 20 pro. I got my phone two weeks back and green screen started appearing now . Its very frustating that flagship phones like this having these kind of problems.

Hello, 

Sorry to hear you are also experiencing this. Being within your 30 days, you still have time for an exchange. It is a shame, although nothing is ever 100% fault free. There will always be an anomoly.

Yeah i understand that. But whoever got replacement phone has same issue (Whoever got the LG screen ). Not sure if vodafone has the new batch that has BOE screen