Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Huawei mate 20 Pro Green screen issue

Andypandy88
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi there ,

I've picked up a Huawei Mate 20 Pro (on contract) a about a week ago and about two days ago I started noticing the green tint showing on the edges of the screen.

I've quickly learned that's an issue effecting some Mate 20 Pro's.

Whats the best way to deal with it? ?

Shall I go back to the store?? 

67 REPLIES 67

Something is clearly wrong with the batch of Mate 20 Pros Vodafone have received which definitely needs rectifying sooner rather than later. I would make sure to ask about the extended cooling off period as any handset purchased between 1st November - 24th December has until the 24th January 2019 to be returned, at least that's what an agent in store told my friend last month. 

Yes, the least they can do is extend the cooling off period. My last Mate 20 pro was fine until the third week and then the green bleed got progressively worse. I wish they were more forthright, have you noticed that not one Vodafone employee has responded to this thread?

I'm on my second handset which has the same issue, I was told when I received my second handset that I could bring it back if I wasn't happy with it and get something else. Went to give it back today and get a note 9 instead and their reply was tough you can't and I should contact Huawei. So basically Vodafone have lied again and turning a blind eye to all this. Oh and the guy in the shop was acting like a prized ##~## too. 

@Liam6200

When did you originally take the mate 20 pro? If you're still in the cooling off period then you are well within your rights to return it and exchange it for something else, there may be a difference in prices but if you speak to the returns team on 191 about it they would be able to give you more information.

Hope you get this sorted soon.

I originally picked the first one up from store on the 28th October and got my second handset on 27th November so yes I'm out my 30 days now but she told me in the shop I'd have another 30 days on the second handset, obviously she was telling lies. 

Have you spoken to anyone over the phone about this? I only ask that because it sounds like she was telling the truth. You should have an extra 30 days cooling off period on the exchange as well, I'd definitely call 191 and see what they can advise, I would suggest Live Chat but I know there is no returns team option on there.

I know it's a little sneaky BUT if you select the joining Vodafone option when you call 191 they may be able to pass you straight through to an agent instead of waiting in a queue.

........... and if you DO take it up with Huawei then your Vodafone warranty is made null and void. Something very wrong is happening here. I think it is time someone took this up with Trading Standards.

@ Beastie

I did read that somewhere but to be honest, I wouldn't want Vodafone attempting a warranty repair., they can't even give me correct information! 

Latest updates for you all. So I am now on my 5th phone since the option to go directly to Huawei would void my contract and warranty with Vodafone. 

I have had the phone two days so will see how I get on but looking at the screen and model number and my previous 4 I'm not holding out much hope. 

In other news Vodafone has charged me £4.94 for the previous 3 collections from DPD ontop of my £99 initial payment.!!vodafone.PNG

I also took out thier Superfast 2 Broadband package for 62Mbps and after a week am currently getting 1.48Mbps. So having a great time with Vodafone so far. Ive been on hold for 47 minutes as I write this. 

I'm considering taking this further with the ombudsman if anyone is intersted in joining let me know. 

If any one from Vodafone feels like being proactive feel free to reach out to me.

Very tempted to take up your offer. My 3rd one is being delivered in next few days..... we shall see. No way should you be charged for delivery, that really does take the biscuit !

I am also thinking Watchdog .... if this carrys on.