main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Android

Huawei mate 20 Pro Green screen issue

I’m sorry to hear the screen issue you’re all facing!

@Beastie - I’m glad to hear a replacement is on its way to you!

@apford - It’s not good to hear you’ve incurred these charges. We can take a look at them and also the Broadband speeds you’re getting. Please send us your details by following the instructions in this private message.

@Liam6200 - Please get in touch with us, by following the steps in this private message. We can then check your account and contact the store on your behalf if needed.

View more options
17: Community Champion

@Beastie wrote:

........... and if you DO take it up with Huawei then your Vodafone warranty is made null and void. Something very wrong is happening here. I think it is time someone took this up with Trading Standards.

This has been quoted before.   I asked and there doesn't seem to be a policy in place to that end.   You would need to make sure that the correct IMEI is registered to your account, I would think, but Customer Services should be able to help with that.

View more options
4: Newbie

Hi Gemma

Well my third Mate 20 Pro arrived thia afternoon via DPD delivery, I've checked and it is (atlast!!) a BOE screen and not an LG screen so hopefully no green screen bleed issues to follow BUT .......... it's got a noticeable scratch on the front screen, straight out of the box !! It's not broken, but you can feel + see the scratch. I am slowly losing the will to live, why is it not possible to get a phone that A. Works B. Is in good condition?

191 complaints (they must be getting bored with me) say I have to take the phone in to my local store to get a replacement and can't sort a straight swap over the phone. More hassle, more time wasted, more of a VERY unhappy loyal customer of 12 yrs.

So far I have wasted two days waiting in for delivery, hours on the phone to 191 complaints AND a load of stress. One VERY unhappy customer.

View more options
3: Seeker

Vodafone support sends me a private message with 3 convoluted steps to process a support ticket. The refference code I get sent doesn't work so I am unable to log a "support ticket".

How hard is it to pick up the phone and call me. You literally have my number.

Replied to @Gemma the code does not work. After all of this why should I be spending even more time to follow your awful processes that then don't work. 

Be god at your job Vodafone. Literally pick up the phone to every person on this thread get your sh!t together and resolve this. 

View more options

It is amazing that a company that deal in communication are so utterly useless at it. Having spent hours trying to get through to Vodafone and then talking to complaints (one phonecall lasted 52mins) I have found it truly appalling how they treat their customers. They won't even accept / send emails, everything designed to create 'plausible deniability' if things go wrong. I am amazed they haven't deleted this thread - that's no problem for me as I have screen-shot everything..... but no doubt they will. Watchdog / Trading Standards etc are going to love this... I won't bother contacting their ombudsman though, apparently they also are useless.

How has this company managed to survive for so long?

View more options

@Beastie - I’m disappointed to hear it’s scratched. We’ll need to access your account. Please send us your details by following the instructions in this private message.

@apford - I’m sorry you were unable to email us via the link from me. I’ve sent you another private message.
Please follow the steps and enter the code in capitals.

View more options
3: Seeker

So I have recieved my 5th phone and this is a BOE screen not LG now and I have had it for a week and so far looks OK. I will give it another week and then look to explore compensation back from Vodafone and the shipping charges they have made on my account. 

I will let you all know if/what compensation they offer but I am half expecting a £20 Vodafone voucher if anything at all.

View more options

The access code that I received does not work, I have supplied to you (by private message)  my telephone number and also my full name. I suggest it would probably be advisable for your manager to contact me without delay. I am available after 3pm on 13/12/2018.

View more options
2: Seeker

The screen issue that seems to be surrounding these devices appear to originate from the screen that has been used. There seems to be two different types of screens, BOE or LG. LG seems to be the effected screen of the two. You can check your own screen by downloading certain apps that gather this information. Device Info HW, is a good one. 

View more options

That is correct, very few have problems with the BOE screen.

View more options

Hello,

I am having the same green screen issue in my huawei mate 20 pro. I got my phone two weeks back and green screen started appearing now . Its very frustating that flagship phones like this having these kind of problems.

View more options

Hello, 

Sorry to hear you are also experiencing this. Being within your 30 days, you still have time for an exchange. It is a shame, although nothing is ever 100% fault free. There will always be an anomoly.

View more options

Yeah i understand that. But whoever got replacement phone has same issue (Whoever got the LG screen ). Not sure if vodafone has the new batch that has BOE screen

View more options

Both me and my partner have LG screens so are not best pleased right now either haha. Vodafone do have BOE screens in their stock. The stock is not seperated, rather luck of the draw unfortunately. Hope you get it sorted soon! 

View more options

We're sorry to hear your having problems with your new phone @sparkyram and understand how frustrating this must be. Have you been in touch about getting the phone exchanged? 

You can do this by calling 191 from your Vodafone mobile. If you have any problems, please don't hesitate to get back in touch and we'll be happy to help in any way we can. 

View more options

I've had a Mate20Pro since launch and it's slowly developed the green screen on both sides - mostly noticable in low light and on black/dark background screens. It#s not immediately noticable in normal daylight use - but I know it's there, and its faulty. 

I took it into a VF store to send away for repair.  (Speedy service I must admit) The guy in the store knew nothing of the green screen issue and I couldnt recreate it from the (now factory reset) other than show a picture of my screen. and google the problem. 

He tracked the repair faul as 'Display -Lines' which is not really the issue 

The tracked repair says 'no fault found - contact customer'.  So that means... VF will call me to say there's nothing wrong with it. I'll pick it up and the same issue will be there.  Should I contact Huawei? Is there an issue with warranty doing that? 

View more options

As far as I'm aware, this was a hardware issue, so it's odd that a reset would fix it.  If the repair shop couldn't replicate the fault, there's not really much they could do, but you can keep an eye on it and see if it recurs - your phone will be in warranty for the life of your contract.

It might also be worth contacting Huawei and see if they can offer any advice.

View more options

Ask for as replacement. Keep in mind that when you try and sell on your phone after your contract has ended people will check A. If it has an LG screen (rather than a BOE screen) B. That it does not have 'green screen bleed' issues. The people at VF you spoke to will be aware of the problem but have been told not to admit that there IS a problem. If you don't get a replacement then report to Trading Standards. Good luck.

View more options

In order to get a repair or a replacement, you'd need to be able to demonstrate that there's a problem.  If I understand the origial post correctly, a factory reset has solved the issue, at least temporarily and it isn't therefore curreently visible.  If it recurs, the matter can be visited again.

View more options

Just for clarity...I factory reset the phone before taking it to VF as I knew they would send it for repair, so I backed up and swapped the sim to another phone I had.  I don't know if the factory reset fixed the issue (I doubt it as its a known hardware issue) but in the store, and obviously at repair, they werent able to replicate the green screen. 

It was not a permanent green screen issue - that is, sometimes it was more prominent than others - and only showed in low light conditions.  I'll see whether it persists on return, then take it from there.  

It's a fantastic phone mired by a faulty, known hardware problem. 

Thx

View more options