Ask

Solution

Huawei mate20pro chargers are different

Swatosi1
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Dear Community!

I would like to get some help

I bought 2 huawei mate20pro (twilight/black) and the chargers are different! not just the power but the size too!
Anybody knows, why?(HW-05045088, input:0,75A output: 5A-2A or 4.5A-5Aor5V-4.5A / HW-100400800 INPUT:1.2A OUTPUT: 5V-2A or 9V or 10V--4A MAX
Also the 2 phones was in 2 different boxes.The twilight was in a Vodafone (red+white) box, the black was in the original black box.

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

That's weird @Swatosi1 

May I assume both phones were supplied directly via Vodafone UK ?

Also were both supplied as new or was one supplied as nearly new as you mention it came in a Vodafone own brand box  ?

If one is  nearly new they may have packaged it with a different charger.

Is it an official Huawei charger ?

Were the Security seals intact ?

Customer service on 191 or Live Chat can help too.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi BandofBrothers

Thanks your reply. 

Yes. Both from vodafone. The seller doesn't say anything that one of the phone is 'nearly new'

We bought like brand new!

Yes. They sealed(i cut this red seal on the picture) 

Hopefully original huawei chargers 😀i think its should be original if its from the vodafone...

The two adaptors have different model numbers in the top left corner so may be made by different factories. As long as they were in sealed, security tagged boxes I can't see there being a problem. I have two supercharger plugs from Huawei, one for my phone and one for my tablet and they are slightly different too.

Samsung A52S 5G - SM-A528B/DS

Android Version - 12 One UI version 4.1

Last Update 19.4.22

Build- SP1A.210812.016/A528BXXS1CVD1

Baseband- A528BXXUiCVC4
Nova Launcher. Chrome browser.

My phone history (back to 1997!):

Huawei P30, P20, VF Smart V8, Note 4, S4, S2, Tocco Ultra, F490, P300, E250, RAZR v3, Timeport 250, A300, Star-Tac 

Ok. Thank you

BandOfBrothers

@Swatosi1 wrote:

Hi BandofBrothers

Thanks your reply. 

Yes. Both from vodafone. The seller doesn't say anything that one of the phone is 'nearly new'

We bought like brand new!

Yes. They sealed(i cut this red seal on the picture) 

Hopefully original huawei chargers 😀i think its should be original if its from the vodafone...

You're very welcome @Swatosi1 

You mention the seller 

Am I right in thinking these were purchased privately off a person or reseller then ?

You could contact Huawei with the model numbers and photos and I'm sure they'd try to confirm if they are original chargers.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.