Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Huawei p20 unidentified status bar icon

adcronin
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi there, I've had the pictured icon in my status bar for a few weeks, I can't figure out what it is. It sits next to the battery %, near the top right. 

I've looked at permissions and notifications for all the programs running that I can see, I've also used activity launcher to look at anything running in the background. I've also run Malware bytes to see if it's anything nefarious. It doesn't seem to be. I still really want to understand what it is tho. Has anyone seen it before?
Ps ive also done a reverse image search, nothing either.

6 REPLIES 6

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @adcronin 

This looks like your timer.  Try tapping the clock, you should be able to turn it off from there.  Also try a reboot.

BandOfBrothers

Do you have any apps open either stock ones or downloaded apps @adcronin 

Looking at these and closing them down one by one may help to identify what the icon is if it isn't a timer icon suggested by @AnnS 

Huawei customer support would also be able to help perhaps.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi, 

Thanks for reply, 

I've done that as well as  looking at permissions and notifications for all the programs running that I can see, I've also used activity launcher to look at anything running in the background...

BandOfBrothers

Ok @adcronin 

Perhaps Huawei can throw some light onto this then for you or even a dedicated Huawei Community Forum.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

hrym

Could it be a usage timer?

Hi,

Not timer, I've rebooted and wiped partition cache...thanks for reply tho