cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Huawei talkband B5 (mate 20 pro free gift)

sarah77
2: Seeker

I received my talkband in the post quickly after applying for it, which was nice.  I then paired the band with the phone and installed the firmware update as prompted. Sadly the band does not track steps or sleep as it should. I was just wondering if anybody else has had the same issues? 

There seems to be a growing number of people on the Huawei forum who got the band in the promo deal that are suffering with the same issues.  Huawei are replacing the bands but as so many are not working correctly I fear this will not fix the issue as it seems to be firmware based. 

I was just wondering if anybody here had got their band working at all? 

3 REPLIES 3

jbromley15863

Hey, I'm having the same issue!

I have actually received my second one this morning but this one doesnt work either!

I'm getting exactly the same issues as you are; step counter doesnt work, alarm doesnt work, sleep doesnt work.

Texts seem to be fine.

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

It's really disappointing to hear your having problems with your Huawei Talkbands @sarah77 and @jbromley15863. Have you contacted Huawei directly? 

Please continue to keep us updated and let us know what they advise, the information will be helpful for other forum users that may have the same problems 👍

I have also had the same issue, and after many emails to Huawei i got a replacement today. The second device still has the same problem.

But after much searching on the internet I found this workaround: Found on Huawei Comunity Forum here

"First on your phone goto your time and date settings turn off auto mode and change your time zone to Auckland new Zealand then go back into your health app and reset your talkband, its as simple as that. Revert back to your original time zone but maybe keep it off auto. Seems to have worked for me."

It is nor perfect but it seems to be workign for now.