Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

IFitness solution

Scolds
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

If you call 03332124617 and go through to a person they will cancel the subscription. I was told the exact time and data we hit the subscribe button. That it was via a webpage being surfed over a data connection.
I have now called Vodafone on 191 and blocked subscription services as premium numbers. I was very nice and polite to the company who collect for iFitness and got a full refund of £6. On their webpage James Haskell puts his name to iFitness and I’m going to email him and tell him he should be ashamed. Robin

3 REPLIES 3

hrym
17: Community Champion

The downside to blocking premium rate SMS is that it'll stop you paying for parking and making charitable donations.   A lot of parking solutions make use of apps now, but some still require you to send your reg no by shortcode text.   Although this isn't charged (that process is separate), the system thinks it might be and may block it.

I've done a bit of research into iFitness, and their website at ifitness dot uk does indeed have a UK, mobile friendly, number.  There's also a simple way of cancelling your subscription.  They appear to be completely legitimate.

How people come to be signed up in the first place is still a bit of a mystery.  Google Play has several apps with the iFitness name, but the UK website doesn't promote anything I can see.   Whether one or more of the apps is doing something isn't clear.

Thanks for adding to the comment. I agree with your comments and they are all fair, I would however go without one to avoid the other. As to how people subcribe and don't know well my wife did and she was browsing a page using a data connection. Still lots of people are paying and not sure how to stop it.

hrym

From some comments, it sounds as though the problem may be a pop-up.   It's worth using a browser that can disable these.   If you get one, be very careful how you close it - use the operating system controls or (better still) the back buttton.   Never interact with a control within the box as you only have the writer's word that it does what it says!

Edited to add: the prominence of the cancellation option on the iFitness website does rather suggest that they may be aware of an issue.