Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

IMPORT Contacts from iPhone 4 to Samsung Galaxy S3

davidbern11
4: Newbie

There maybe information on this but after some google searching and thread search on the eforum i couldnt see anything.

So i thought i would throw in my thoughts on how to achieve this.

It seemed quite tedious at first, a lot of people saying use gmail to export and import but theres actually a much simpler way of doing it.

On iTunes, backup your data and save onto your pc (not the iCloud).

Open Samsung Kies (their version of itunes). Connect your S3, and then make sure you are on Connected Device tab (your phone in left column). And then on main page which displays more options (like in itunes) click on Basic Summary. At the bottom of this page, your will see it says 'Transfer your BackUp data from Non-Samsung Device' - here you can choose either Apple or Nokia.

You'll then get to select your iPhone backup (kies will show your iphone backup as itunes always saves it in a default location).

You then get to choose what you and to transfer from your backup...the contacts, calender, videos, music etc!

Your contacts will be saved on your S3, under contacts setting 'Contacts to Display' > Phone.

JOB DONE

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

There is simpler way. Google synchronisation was not working for me - to much hassle. The same with itunes or outlook synchronisation - you have to use cables etc..

On apple store I found free "My contacts backup" app. This free app backup 500 contacts and you can send them by e-mail to yourself.

next on S3 you are openning attached backup and restoring to your Samsung. I think that it is the easiest way.

View solution in original position

18 REPLIES 18

Sorry to interrupt this thread, but it's the only way I can figure to get a post sent!

I'm upgrading from an iPhone 3GS to an iPhone4.  The latter has a micro SIM card, so I can't fit the SIM from my iPhone 3.  I'm a bit worried as to how I will transfer my contacts and other data.  Will it work if I simply sync my new phone to my computer (via iTunes)?

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion

Trevor - I've responded to this query in the new thread you created after posting this item.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Many thanks

hrym
You say you won't use gmail ever again, but in fact, you will if you upgrade your phone. You also need a Google account to be able to use the Play Store, afaik.

augustk
1: Seeker

@davidbern11 wrote:

There maybe information on this but after some google searching and thread search on the eforum i couldnt see anything.

So i thought i would throw in my thoughts on how to move iphone contacts to galaxy. It seemed quite tedious at first, a lot of people saying use gmail to export and import but theres actually a much simpler way of doing it.

On iTunes, backup your data and save onto your pc (not the iCloud).

Open Samsung Kies (their version of itunes). Connect your S3, and then make sure you are on Connected Device tab (your phone in left column). And then on main page which displays more options (like in itunes) click on Basic Summary. At the bottom of this page, your will see it says 'Transfer your BackUp data from Non-Samsung Device' - here you can choose either Apple or Nokia.

You'll then get to select your iPhone backup (kies will show your iphone backup as itunes always saves it in a default location).

You then get to choose what you and to transfer from your backup...the contacts, calender, videos, music etc!

Your contacts will be saved on your S3, under contacts setting 'Contacts to Display' > Phone.

JOB DONE

Please be noted, Samsung Kies is no longer available for now and got it replaced by Samsung Smart Watch. You can export iPhone contacts from iCloud in vCard format and import it to your Galaxy phones. This method is free and supports the latest Galaxy S7/S7 Edge.

cfsdf
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

As far as i know, you can use a mobile transfer app to transfer messages between samsung and iphone, since iphone and samsung use different os, so it would be very difficult to transfer data between them without any app.

@cfsdf wrote:

As far as i know, you can use a mobile transfer app to transfer messages between samsung and iphone, since iphone and samsung use different os, so it would be very difficult to transfer data between them without any app.

Have a try of MobiKin Transfer for Mobile, it allows you to transfer data between android and iphone.

hrym

Current versions of Android have a transfer tool in Settings.   This will prompt you on what to do depending on what you're transferring from.    Contacts on Android should, of course, be sync'd with Google, so it might be worth investigating this on a previous device if it's not Android.

guoleo
4: Newbie

Usually, there are two ways to IMPORT Contacts from iPhone 4 to Samsung Galaxy S3. One is using Google account, the other is using mobile phone transfer program. Both of them are safe and easy to use.