Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Ifitness Scam

craig-74
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hello.  I am a Samsung user and have been scammed by Ifitness.  I never signed up to them, they have been taking £3 a week from my bill since 03/04/2017.  On 18th April I asked Vodafone to cancel this as I had no APP or agreement with Ifitness, to which they said they had done, but havent!!!  I have asked for my money back and they are refusing to refund.  I have text back STOP every month too but still being charged.  Vodafone have referred me to an O2 Forum for advice (???)  and a link which confirms its a scam linked to google play pedometer.   Does anyone know how I go about complaining and getting my money back.  I am livid with the performance of Vodafone.  I have been a Customer for over 10 years !!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

http://www.pmconnect.co.uk/contact-us.htm      Contact these and you can check if your number is registered and cancel it

View solution in original position

108 REPLIES 108

SKYMAN513
13: Advanced Member

Have a try via the play store.there is an option to report those kinda things it might take a little detailed searching but it is there as I used it myself and actually got to speak to a real live person I think!

Try scrolling to the bottom 

Sorry if you've already tried this option.

thank you

hrym
17: Community Champion

Never EVER reply to an unsolicited text, even if it's charging you money.  It's unlikely to work and, if they're just sending SMS out to random numbers, all you're doing is confirming that yours is live.  In a worst case, you migth even trigger the charge itself.

I'm susprised that Vodafone were unable to stop the charges and they they're refusing a refund.   Hang on for the forum team here - they'll be able to investigate further.

I literally blew my lid at a Customer Services Manager today and she has esculated everything now to an internal complaint.  She has given me an email address to contact to try and refund my money.

Personally, I find this an insult.  They should have stopped the charges in April when we had the discussion, knowing its a scam !!  Instead they have left me paying and now I have to claim a refund else where

Not happy in the slightest !

@hrym wrote:

Never EVER reply to an unsolicited text, even if it's charging you money.  It's unlikely to work and, if they're just sending SMS out to random numbers, all you're doing is confirming that yours is live.  In a worst case, you migth even trigger the charge itself.

I'm susprised that Vodafone were unable to stop the charges and they they're refusing a refund.   Hang on for the forum team here - they'll be able to investigate further.

hrym

Do remember that Vodafone aren't responsible for the scam, although, from what you say, it does sound as though there was a failure to at least stop the charges when you initially reported it.   There's a regulator for the premium text industry: PhonepayPlus.  People have reported varied success with it and I doubt it can do much if the originator is outside the UK, but it's worth a try,

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@craig-74 Please keep us updated with this.

Should you need any further assistance, please let us know and we'll be happy to help.

This is happening to me. Every Friday at the same time £3 a time. How can I stop it Vodafone?  

jeffkinn

Vodafone won't stop it - you'll have to take action yourself. This type of scam affects all networks. I suggest you start by looking at this website

http://psauthority.org.uk/for-consumers/unexpected-phone-charge

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

I have removed all premium services from my numbers for the time being to try and stop the charge.  The email address Vodafone gave me has replied with, its not us you need to contact try 'fitness at bounce.mobi' they havent replied yet at all