Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Ifitness Scam

craig-74
3: Seeker

Hello.  I am a Samsung user and have been scammed by Ifitness.  I never signed up to them, they have been taking £3 a week from my bill since 03/04/2017.  On 18th April I asked Vodafone to cancel this as I had no APP or agreement with Ifitness, to which they said they had done, but havent!!!  I have asked for my money back and they are refusing to refund.  I have text back STOP every month too but still being charged.  Vodafone have referred me to an O2 Forum for advice (???)  and a link which confirms its a scam linked to google play pedometer.   Does anyone know how I go about complaining and getting my money back.  I am livid with the performance of Vodafone.  I have been a Customer for over 10 years !!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

http://www.pmconnect.co.uk/contact-us.htm      Contact these and you can check if your number is registered and cancel it

View solution in original position

108 REPLIES 108

I have just called PM Connect Services on 03333217014. Apparently their systems are down!!!! Told me to cal back this evening (now 10.30am) so taking them a lot of time to sort their system considering that their job is Connect Services.

THEY DO work for Ifitness.

THEY DONT think it is a scam - haha.

Juniorbonner
1: Seeker

Just contacted vodaphone after checking my account on the my vodaphone app, been charged an extra £12 as extras on this months bill and £3 on last months bill, I never incur extra charges so contacted them to be told that I was being charged by ifitness which I have never signed up for, vodaphone say I have to go through phone pay plus which is a regulatory board for premium rate phone numbers, unfortunately I dont have any emails or texts regarding this ifitness company. Vodaphone said it nothing to do with them but would put a bar on any further debits from them, not impressed. Apparently o2 customers have been refunded, im very happy for them!!!!!

hrym
17: Community Champion

To see about a refund, use the link to PSauthority in Jeffkinn's post above.   It's the new name for PhonepayPlus, the regulator.

Just completed form online.  Fingers crossed

All you have to do is phone, enter your mobile number when prompted and get through to a customer service advisor.  They will cancel the subscription and organise a full refud of up to 10 weeks.  I just did this and it was easy peasy.  Good luck.

[removed unrecognised/unofficial number]

hrym

If you Google Ifitness, the first thing that comes up is a sponsored link to Management Charge Support who apprantly manage these subscriptions.  The first thing it does is ask you to enter your phone number to receive a PIN to access your account.  Personally, I wouldn't touch this with a bargepole.   If it's genuine, it's fine but, if not, you could just be making things worse.  Ifitness itself is an app available on Apple and Android, so the support may be genuine.

The same Google search revealed similar problems on the O2,  GiffGaff and EE forums.

Do as I posted - it works.  

I'm not sure why you removed that number, considering I got it from THIS forum.

W_London1969

it should be VODAPHONE responsability to keep customers protected agianst scammers.

Goldchanel
1: Seeker

Hi All, 

So I looked at my bill and saw that ifitness billed me £12 (£3 for the last 4 months) and I complained to Vodafone today. The customer rep said he would speak to the manager and they have agreed to refund me my £12 on full. I'm happy with the service that I got.