Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Ifitness Scam

craig-74
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hello.  I am a Samsung user and have been scammed by Ifitness.  I never signed up to them, they have been taking £3 a week from my bill since 03/04/2017.  On 18th April I asked Vodafone to cancel this as I had no APP or agreement with Ifitness, to which they said they had done, but havent!!!  I have asked for my money back and they are refusing to refund.  I have text back STOP every month too but still being charged.  Vodafone have referred me to an O2 Forum for advice (???)  and a link which confirms its a scam linked to google play pedometer.   Does anyone know how I go about complaining and getting my money back.  I am livid with the performance of Vodafone.  I have been a Customer for over 10 years !!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

http://www.pmconnect.co.uk/contact-us.htm      Contact these and you can check if your number is registered and cancel it

View solution in original position

108 REPLIES 108

John
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Goldchanel That's great to hear :Smiling:

If you ever need us in the future, please let us know.

Cobtact tje customer service and in less than 5 min they sort out the refund, they sent a text message with a code to refund in the postoffice.

Although it was an easy process, this should not happen in the fisrt time. There are some services that should not be allowed to be agreed with the finger authentication.

I have done this also.  Refunded £30, this wasnt full refund but better than none 

Ypudd
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I've been scammed by ifitness too but I don't know how. 3 payments to date grrr vodaphone stopped premium phone calls on my account informing me this will stop it but I've since paid another. Vodaphone now say thats because the premium call block takes a day or two to take effect! So lwts just see if i get another charge now because if i do i will cancel my contract simple as that. That governing body site they gave me details of to complain to and try refund my money is also not working for me. I registered the complaint and filled every section required but when submitting the complaint it says i need to fill in sections that are already filled in. I think reading all the forums the phone companies are powerless or not bothered so the only way to ridmyself of this scam appears to be leaving vodaphone.

John
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Ypudd Have you contacted the third party company directly to make sure you've opted out of any future subscriptions?

I rang the number on the text message saying opt out and have since recieved a text saying im now opted out even though i was never opted in to start with...far from happy with vodaphones stance on this. And i will cancel my contract soon.

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Ypudd - I’m sorry to hear the way this has made you feel about us.

With it being through a third party and as you’ve not subscribed to their service, you can report it to the Phone-paid Services Authority.

I felt the same, been a customer for over 10 years and very dissappointed with the Customer Service I have received.  I was able to get £30 back, £50 was taken in total !

I have been scammed by this company and am in the process of reclaiming the " max " £30.  Vodafone were of ZERO help.  First telling me to contact Boku, then PSA.  By allwoing peopel to " sign up " for these servcies by a misclick on a website (if that is really what happended) is a scandal.  You should have to type in your phone number to confirm.  And the "confirmation", if you get one, looks like a scam so you delete it.  You are not expecting it and it looks suspicious.

Why don't Vodafone block this company.  it is very obviously a SCAM.  There is no service as far as I can see.  Do they even have a website? You can't even find the " fitness portal " when you google it.

Vodafone should be ashamed to be making money off the back of this SCAM and other people's misery.

Vodafone, do your bit here and protect people.    

Thats exactly how I feel   Even feel I will never take a contact out again. I am now losing 39.00 as there is no way I can get any help.  Vodafone tried, but gatve me payplus number and as I do not know how to get hold of i fitness its useless as they just cut you off if havent done that first.  I found an ifitness contact and when I phone it just cuts the call so thanks Vodafone for leaving me out of pocket and with fear that this will continue. Only way will be to end the service with vodafone it seems.   See what happens on next bill but certainly moving as soon as contract ends as never had this with Tesco or EE.