Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Ifitness Scam

craig-74
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hello.  I am a Samsung user and have been scammed by Ifitness.  I never signed up to them, they have been taking £3 a week from my bill since 03/04/2017.  On 18th April I asked Vodafone to cancel this as I had no APP or agreement with Ifitness, to which they said they had done, but havent!!!  I have asked for my money back and they are refusing to refund.  I have text back STOP every month too but still being charged.  Vodafone have referred me to an O2 Forum for advice (???)  and a link which confirms its a scam linked to google play pedometer.   Does anyone know how I go about complaining and getting my money back.  I am livid with the performance of Vodafone.  I have been a Customer for over 10 years !!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

http://www.pmconnect.co.uk/contact-us.htm      Contact these and you can check if your number is registered and cancel it

View solution in original position

108 REPLIES 108

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@swaginon As we'll need to access your account to look into this, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch with us. 

If you call 03332124617 and go through to a person they will cancel the subscription. I was told the exact time and data we hit the subscribe button. That it was via a webpage being surfed over a data connection. 

I have now called Vodafone on 191 and blocked subscription services as premium numbers. I was very nice and polite to the company who collect for iFitness and got a full refund of £6.  On their webpage James Haskell puts his name to iFitness and I’m going to email him and tell him he should be ashamed. Robin

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

iFitness do seem to be a genuine outfit and their website at iFitness dot UK has not only a UK, mobile-friendly, phone number, but also a prominent cancellation procedure.   However, sign-ups do seem to be silent (unconfirmed) via pop-ups, which is, imho, very bad practice.

I've never seen one and don't get pop-ups.   It could be that I have my browser (Forefox), set to block them, which I'd recommend.

This has happened to me too. I have a Samsung S7 Edge and have never subscribed to Ifitness yet i have been charged. I have blocked premium rate numbers from my account and am concerned how this has happened.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@amea If you continue to receive these after you've blocked premium rate numbers, please be sure to let us know. 

I was advised to phone payplus with the information, phone them and they cannot help get a refund and I do not have the contact details of ifitness so looks like I will lose 39.00 for 3 months charges now.  I contacted a phone number for i fitness I found on a community and it rings and cuts me off.  Great help from Vodafone as the facts were not correct as to where I go to get refunded. 

How very strange.

When i first found out about this scam i contacted the Vodaphone team and got fobbed off by a very anti advisor who told me it was not Vodaphones problem and they could do nothing about blocking the payments and i needed to contact the PhonePayPlus people to report this problem. The advisor was very aggresive in his tone and i did ask him if i was phoning him at work or down the pub after a few pints.

Anyway long story short, i tried to sort this on line  and was faced by non existant pages etc etc.

So decided to phone Vodaphone back.

Got a much nicer advisor who said he would sort the problem straight away and could i hold the line while he spoke to the customer team........he came back telling me the payment had now been stopped and he was putting me through to the customer team to sort this out.........Imagine my suprise when the next person i spoke to was the Ifitness customer team, explaining how this payment had been set up. I explained i had received no messages or emails and no meal plans and fitness plans as the £3 weekly payment i supposed to provide.

How can one Vodaphone rep say its nothing to do with them, yet the next ones got a hot line directly to Ifitness.

It seems that Vodaphone know more than they are admitting to. My subscription is now stopped apparently and i have got a 28 day wait for a £30 refund (the maximum amount.....how they set this 10 week cut off i dont know, maybe it takes customers an average of 10 weeks to discover the scam)

I want a reply from a Vodaphone team member to this post and want my recorded conversations to be investigated and the first Customer advisor taken to task. I will also be seeking the rest of my payments refunded from Vodaphone as clearly they know about this scam.

Lets see if i get a responce folks.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@CLYDE68 As we'll need to access your account to investigate into this further, please contact us using the link in private message I've sent. 

A member of the team will then be in touch. 

Done

As expected ive recived nothing from Vodaphone as a responce to my complaint