Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Ifitness Scam

craig-74
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hello.  I am a Samsung user and have been scammed by Ifitness.  I never signed up to them, they have been taking £3 a week from my bill since 03/04/2017.  On 18th April I asked Vodafone to cancel this as I had no APP or agreement with Ifitness, to which they said they had done, but havent!!!  I have asked for my money back and they are refusing to refund.  I have text back STOP every month too but still being charged.  Vodafone have referred me to an O2 Forum for advice (???)  and a link which confirms its a scam linked to google play pedometer.   Does anyone know how I go about complaining and getting my money back.  I am livid with the performance of Vodafone.  I have been a Customer for over 10 years !!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

http://www.pmconnect.co.uk/contact-us.htm      Contact these and you can check if your number is registered and cancel it

View solution in original position

108 REPLIES 108

John
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@CLYDE68 I've checked the email address registered to your Community account and we haven't received an email.
If you used an alternative email address, please let us know the reference number you've received (it will look something like this: [#12345678]).
If you still haven't received an automated response, please resubmit the form sent to your private message inbox by @Alex.

I am furious as they still owe me about 49.00 and will never get it I am sure.  What a scam, I am never going to use vodafone again as they have just ripped me off allowing this to happen; after extreme pressure and stress they actually made the effort to close the payment set up after telling me I had to contact ifitness and do it myself but NO REFUND, NO DOUBT WILL LOSE THIS and as a retired person this is not money I can afford to lose!!! 

@sylvanniawrote:

I am furious as they still owe me about 49.00 and will never get it I am sure.  What a scam, I am never going to use vodafone again as they have just ripped me off allowing this to happen; after extreme pressure and stress they actually made the effort to close the payment set up after telling me I had to contact ifitness and do it myself but NO REFUND, NO DOUBT WILL LOSE THIS and as a retired person this is not money I can afford to lose!!! 

Have you made your complaint to the Phone-paid Services Authority? You need to do this as a priority. They won't necessarily get your money back, but have ordered refunds for defrauded consumers in the past. If nothing else they can fine the perpetrators and shut them down.

Unfortunately all of the networks are the same, so moving from Vodafone won't protect you. Vodafone can put a 'charge to bill' bar on your account which will prevent you from being scammed in this way in the future, and I recommend that you ask them to do this for you. Not all networks can do this, so if you move from Vodafone, check this first.

The steps you ought to be taking (with links to relevant advice) are:

1. Stop further charges being made

2. Get a refund of any charges already taken

3. Complain to the Phone-paid Services Authority

4. Protect yourself from further 'charge to bill' scams

Do push for a full refund from iFitness. They normally refund without too much hassle as they make enough money from people who don't ask! If necessary send a letter before action telling them you will take the matter to the small claims court.  Ifitness have given full refunds in these circumstances in the past.

The system is stacked against the consumer, and if the amounts of money involved were larger there would be an outcry.

The mobile networks really need to wake up and do something about fraudulent charges to bills.

Let me know if I can offer any further help or advice.

Paul

payforitsucks.co.uk

I just checked this months bill and saw 4 payments for £3.00, every Tuesday, to iFitness too. I don't hit links, pop-ups, nothing, so I have no idea how it happened. Just spent 20 minutes on live chat with a customer service guy and to his credit he was very helpful.

After I explained I wasn't going to be paying for this scam, he checked with his manager and said he would credit my account with the £12. Got him to check if another payment has come out since generating my bill. It had. So my account is being credited with £15.00 and they have put the block on my phone to stop any 3rd party charges. I never use it to pay for anything so that suits me fine - didn't even know it was availabe to me, think they should make that clearer to their customers.

But altogether I have to say Vodaphone were very helpful here. Fast and efficient.

Now just to wait and see if the credit shows up! :Winking_smiley:

@sburd1wrote:

I just checked this months bill and saw 4 payments for £3.00, every Tuesday, to iFitness too. I don't hit links, pop-ups, nothing, so I have no idea how it happened. Just spent 20 minutes on live chat with a customer service guy and to his credit he was very helpful.

After I explained I wasn't going to be paying for this scam, he checked with his manager and said he would credit my account with the £12. Got him to check if another payment has come out since generating my bill. It had. So my account is being credited with £15.00 and they have put the block on my phone to stop any 3rd party charges. I never use it to pay for anything so that suits me fine - didn't even know it was availabe to me, think they should make that clearer to their customers.

But altogether I have to say Vodaphone were very helpful here. Fast and efficient.

Now just to wait and see if the credit shows up! :Winking_smiley:

That's good news. Congrats to Vodafone for 'doing the right thing'. It would be good to get more reports like this, not just from Vodafone customers, but from the other networks.

exactly the same vodaphone service i got! very negative,the only solution i can see is to terminate my service from vodaphone and join a competitor! i will also advise 3 other members of my household to do the same!

The manager I spoke with ha

@hrym wrote:

Never EVER reply to an unsolicited text, even if it's charging you money.  It's unlikely to work and, if they're just sending SMS out to random numbers, all you're doing is confirming that yours is live.  In a worst case, you migth even trigger the charge itself.

I'm susprised that Vodafone were unable to stop the charges and they they're refusing a refund.   Hang on for the forum team here - they'll be able to investigate further.

s opened an internal investigation into the failure and my complaint.

@hrym wrote:

Never EVER reply to an unsolicited text, even if it's charging you money.  It's unlikely to work and, if they're just sending SMS out to random numbers, all you're doing is confirming that yours is live.  In a worst case, you migth even trigger the charge itself.

I'm susprised that Vodafone were unable to stop the charges and they they're refusing a refund.   Hang on for the forum team here - they'll be able to investigate further.

Juliet71
1: Seeker

You need to call PM connect services (through which ifitness operates) at 03333217014. They will stop the subscription and refund the money you've paid (up to 10 weeks worth) via the post office. It's a total scam & they know it. You would have received a msg saying you're a member of ifitness & will be charged £3/week unless u text stop to a number. Most people naturally ignore the msg. I've just spent the last few hours trying to get to the bottom of why my mother's phone bills have been excessive for the last 7 months! I

Thank you, will try that next.  I have replied with STOP each month but the charges have continued.  Total scam

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

@craig-74 wrote:

Thank you, will try that next.  I have replied with STOP each month but the charges have continued.  Total scam

A scam service won't respond to a STOP reply.  You may need to get on to the regulator.