main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Android

Ifitness Scam

SOLVED
View solved solution
1: Seeker

All you have to do is phone, enter your mobile number when prompted and get through to a customer service advisor.  They will cancel the subscription and organise a full refud of up to 10 weeks.  I just did this and it was easy peasy.  Good luck.

[removed unrecognised/unofficial number]

View more options
17: Community Champion

If you Google Ifitness, the first thing that comes up is a sponsored link to Management Charge Support who apprantly manage these subscriptions.  The first thing it does is ask you to enter your phone number to receive a PIN to access your account.  Personally, I wouldn't touch this with a bargepole.   If it's genuine, it's fine but, if not, you could just be making things worse.  Ifitness itself is an app available on Apple and Android, so the support may be genuine.

The same Google search revealed similar problems on the O2,  GiffGaff and EE forums.

View more options

I'm not sure why you removed that number, considering I got it from THIS forum.

View more options

Do as I posted - it works.  

View more options
3: Seeker

it should be VODAPHONE responsability to keep customers protected agianst scammers.

View more options

This has happened to me too. I have a Samsung S7 Edge and have never subscribed to Ifitness yet i have been charged. I have blocked premium rate numbers from my account and am concerned how this has happened.

View more options
Administrator

@amea If you continue to receive these after you've blocked premium rate numbers, please be sure to let us know. 

View more options

Hi All, 

So I looked at my bill and saw that ifitness billed me £12 (£3 for the last 4 months) and I complained to Vodafone today. The customer rep said he would speak to the manager and they have agreed to refund me my £12 on full. I'm happy with the service that I got. 

View more options

@Goldchanel That's great to hear 

If you ever need us in the future, please let us know.

View more options
2: Seeker

I've been scammed by ifitness too but I don't know how. 3 payments to date grrr vodaphone stopped premium phone calls on my account informing me this will stop it but I've since paid another. Vodaphone now say thats because the premium call block takes a day or two to take effect! So lwts just see if i get another charge now because if i do i will cancel my contract simple as that. That governing body site they gave me details of to complain to and try refund my money is also not working for me. I registered the complaint and filled every section required but when submitting the complaint it says i need to fill in sections that are already filled in. I think reading all the forums the phone companies are powerless or not bothered so the only way to ridmyself of this scam appears to be leaving vodaphone.

View more options

@Ypudd Have you contacted the third party company directly to make sure you've opted out of any future subscriptions?

View more options

I rang the number on the text message saying opt out and have since recieved a text saying im now opted out even though i was never opted in to start with...far from happy with vodaphones stance on this. And i will cancel my contract soon.

View more options

@Ypudd - I’m sorry to hear the way this has made you feel about us.

With it being through a third party and as you’ve not subscribed to their service, you can report it to the Phone-paid Services Authority.

View more options

Cobtact tje customer service and in less than 5 min they sort out the refund, they sent a text message with a code to refund in the postoffice.

Although it was an easy process, this should not happen in the fisrt time. There are some services that should not be allowed to be agreed with the finger authentication.

View more options

I have done this also.  Refunded £30, this wasnt full refund but better than none 

View more options

I felt the same, been a customer for over 10 years and very dissappointed with the Customer Service I have received.  I was able to get £30 back, £50 was taken in total !

View more options

I have been scammed by this company and am in the process of reclaiming the " max " £30.  Vodafone were of ZERO help.  First telling me to contact Boku, then PSA.  By allwoing peopel to " sign up " for these servcies by a misclick on a website (if that is really what happended) is a scandal.  You should have to type in your phone number to confirm.  And the "confirmation", if you get one, looks like a scam so you delete it.  You are not expecting it and it looks suspicious.

Why don't Vodafone block this company.  it is very obviously a SCAM.  There is no service as far as I can see.  Do they even have a website? You can't even find the " fitness portal " when you google it.

Vodafone should be ashamed to be making money off the back of this SCAM and other people's misery.

Vodafone, do your bit here and protect people.    

View more options

Exactly the same as above, i've been charged for 4 months now and never signed up to anything, all i get told is i have to contact Apple Services but no one will tell me why or how. 

View more options
17: Community Champion

Please be aware that premium charges can be genuine, a straightforward scam or an inadvertent sign-up.  A responsible service will cancel immediately, but many are not.  The charges are nothing to do with Vodafone (or any other carrier) who merely passes on a charge request that uses or exploits a legitimate system.   If you rang a shop and ordered goods that then weren't delivered, your complaint would be with the shop, not with Vodafone just because you used their service to make the call.  It's the same here.  The network can't distinguish between genuine and non-genuine and iFitness does seem to be a legitimate app (it was in the Play store last time I looked).

Premium rate texts have valid uses, including paying for parking and making charitable donations.   There are two levels - incoming and outgoing.   Generally speaking, ones that you might want to use are outgoing and ones that may be scams are incoming, so make sure you have the right bar in place (which might be both, depending on what you want to do).

View more options

I have just called PM Connect Services on 03333217014. Apparently their systems are down!!!! Told me to cal back this evening (now 10.30am) so taking them a lot of time to sort their system considering that their job is Connect Services.

THEY DO work for Ifitness.

THEY DONT think it is a scam - haha.

View more options