Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Installing a ringtone

SteveHigh
4: Newbie

Hello

In Settings | Sound and Notification | Phone ringtone, my ringtone is set as Sedna and the Default notification ringtone as Tethys (I take it that that is when a text/WhatsApp message arrives?). 

How do I install other ringtones and notification ringtones, please?

My handset is a Vodafone VFD200 Android 5.1

Many thanks.

Steve

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

@SteveHigh wrote:

Hello Band of Brothers

Yes, the cable detaches from the three pins that plug into the mains socket to reveal a USB plug (which I never knew before!), so I can just download a couple of ring tones from the PC to the phone, I assume, and install them in the appropriate folder(s).

Thanks again.

Hi,

Yes it doubles up as a data cable. 

Personally I've used the app as it's a simpler process unless the ringtone is one I've already stored on my Mac. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

8 REPLIES 8

BandOfBrothers

Hi @SteveHigh

Yes notifications sounds are for texts, emails etc. 

Personally I use Zedge to download ringtones as its free.

They also have an App in PlayStore too. 

Zedge.

There will be other avenues to but be ultra careful that some of these are not Subscription Services. 

I also use a piece of software called Android File Transfer that when launched and my phone is hooked up to my computer with the data cable will then allow me to drag and drop what I want to my phone or Sd Card. 

Again there will be other software / suite style options. 

Current Phone  >

Hello

Many thanks for your kind and informative reply and link.

I have visited Zedge and donloaded a few ringtones to my PC (lots to choose from there).

I just need to get hold od a PC-phone cable now.

Thanks again!

Steve

BandOfBrothers

You're Welcome.  :Smiling:

You could be able to use the Zedge app from the PlayStore to download directly into your phone.

Also If you look at the plug and cable you charge your phone with does it detach away from the plug part.

if so and has a USB then that acts as the data cable too. 

Current Phone  >

Hello Band of Brothers

Yes, the cable detaches from the three pins that plug into the mains socket to reveal a USB plug (which I never knew before!), so I can just download a couple of ring tones from the PC to the phone, I assume, and install them in the appropriate folder(s).

Thanks again.

63johnw

Hi, by far the easiest way is as @BandOfBrothers has said and download directly from zedge using their app.

Thanks 63John

I will give it a go!

Steve

BandOfBrothers

@SteveHigh wrote:

Hello Band of Brothers

Thanks again.

Hi,

Yes it doubles up as a data cable. 

Personally I've used the app as it's a simpler process unless the ringtone is one I've already stored on my Mac. 

Current Phone  >

Thanks again to you both - downloaded a couple now.

Cheers